i want to run away im 15 and i dont know wha to do

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i want to run away im 15 and i dont know wha to do

things at home isn't going to well. I honestly just want to run away my older sibling told me last time "do you want me to put you in a foster home". I wanted to say yes but I couldn't say anything. one time my dad told me "you should leave the house" in a really angry voice. i really rather be in a foster home than live in this house

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us. We're sorry to hear about the hurtful things that have been said to you and want you to know that you deserve to feel safe and happy in your home. We are not legal experts, but we can tell you that because you are a minor, if you leave home and your parents file a runaway report, you could be returned home. There could also be legal consequences for whomever you stay with for what is called harboring a runaway. If you want a liner to help you walk through other options like us mediating a conference call between you and your parents, thinking through possible adults that you could turn to or could advocate for you, or things like emancipation and legal aid numbers, don't hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Best,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X