No announcement yet.

I just wanna run...

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I just wanna run...

    I don't know what to even do anymore. The abuse and neglect and pain is hard. I'm suicidal, I'm on antidepressants... I'm depressed and have anxiety... I just want to go live with my dad. I'm 16...

  • #2
    Hi there,

    Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We're sorry to hear about all that you have been facing and want you to know that you deserve to feel safe and happy in your home and that your life is valuable. If you ever need someone to talk to, don't hesitate to reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.

    We understand that it takes a great deal of courage to seek help. You mentioned experiencing abuse which may be reportable. Please keep in mind you by no means deserve any type of abuse, emotional or otherwise. That said, we can’t be 100% sure what the outcome will be if your local CPS decides to open a case based on what you share. Sometimes CPS decides to remove minors from the home and other times they offer services such as family counseling or mediation instead. The only way to know the outcome might be to reach out to them directly and if you’re ready to do that we are here to help you through that process. Reaching out to Child Help USA at (1-800-422-4453) or may help to get a better understanding of what may happen before and after a report is made. If your dad does not have custody over you, they could also give you information for the possibility of trying to make that happen.

    We are not legal experts, but we can tell you that if you are a minor and you leave home and your guardian files a runaway report, you could be returned home. There could also be legal consequences for whomever you stay with for what is called harboring a runaway. If you want a liner to help you walk through other options like us mediating a conference call between you and your guardian, thinking through possible adults that you could turn to or could advocate for you, or things like emancipation and legal aid numbers, don't hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). They are a lot of people that want to support and help.

    Stay safe,


    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove