X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod6
    replied
    Hello thank you for contacting the NRS. We are sorry to hear about your situation and will try to help in any way we can. We are sorry to hear that you are living with your dad and would prefer to live with your mom. We are happy that she is getting back on her feet. It is ok to be insecure and that is nothing to poke fun at or to bully you about.
    It seems like you get in trouble with your dad a lot even though you are doing well in school. We want you to know that your hard work in school is great and will pay off and that no one can take that hard work away from you. It may be hard trying to convince him you let you live with your mom. If he ever does consent to you living there, possibly getting something in writing saying that you have his consent to move may be beneficial. Also having the documents certified or notarized may be beneficial to making sure that your dad cannot change his mind and file a report. It seems like your dad is not really supporting you the way you need him to. One resources that understands depression and may be able to help you is NAMI the National Alliance on Mental Illness. 1800-950-NAMI or name.org.
    We are here to support you through this difficult time. For further assistance, please call us at 1800-RUANAWAY. Thank you for reaching out again.
    -NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Living with my dad is miserable

Living with my dad is miserable

I'm 15 years old, turning 16 in August. I had to move out of my mom's house because she lost her job and the apartment we lived in back in February. My dad lived in another state so I had to completely start over. Since I moved I have developed severe depression (actually diagnosed). I can't tell my dad about it because to him the cure to everything is physical labor. My mom is my hero, and not having her here is tearing me apart. She is back on her feet now and my dad won't let me live with her. He is killing my self esteem by constantly pointing out my insecurities and poking fun at them. He yells at me for not having friends here and when I try to make plans he cancels them last second. I get A's and B's in all my classes but I still get grounded because of my grades. Being around him at this point is miserable. I want out. Is there a way I could convince him to let me live with a friend in my hometown while my mom finds a permanent place for us?
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X