No announcement yet.

Im 16 and my parents are mentally and emotionally abusing me and are very controlling

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Im 16 and my parents are mentally and emotionally abusing me and are very controlling

    I can't do anything anymore. I feel so stuck. Every time I try to do somethings it's "no" and everytime I do ask to do something like hang out with a friend and stay out a little late like 10 it's "your dad has so many jobs you don't do anything you need to stay here you don't deserve to go out" or even when they say something wrong and I do it I get blamed even though they said I could like I asked "can I stay out till 10 please" through text to my mom and she said "Things are changing now that dad's applied for all these other jobs and he got full-time hours at his work. Something that you and (bf)aren't considering is your dad and I and the fact that Daddy waits up for you every time you're out he waits up so 9 on Monday, Thursday night Friday night Saturday night okay you can have 11 let's not argue about this anymore" so it was thurday and i stayed out till 9:30 and I come back home and my parents come out yelling at me saying I'm disrespectful I only care about my self and how I'm wrong and I know I am but I'm not wrong and I know for a fact I am not wrong. I just feel worthless here and I don't know how much of this I can't take i really need help. I even almost went as far as trying to get pregnant so I could move out and live with my boyfriend. I feel so alone here I need help and I need to leave I can't stand being here till I'm 18 I absolutely can't and I know for a fact my parents won't sign for me to be emancipated. I just need to leave please help!

  • #2
    Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand that it takes courage to seek help. We are sorry to hear about the way you are being treated at home. It sounds like you want to leave home.Having a baby would not give you the right to leave home. The only other option for leaving home would be to contact CPS to report the abuse. Although emotional abuse is hard to prove you have the right to report it. Child Help (1-800-422-4453) is a great resource to explore your options and get information on how to transfer custody. We hope that this information helps, if you have any questions please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp