No announcement yet.

Stressed, confused, and ready to leave

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stressed, confused, and ready to leave

Im a seventeen years old male. I've been mentally unstable since grade school I was abused constantly as a child and finally escaped at the age of 14 but after 14 years of beatings and being told I'm nothing and never will be I turned to drugs to fill the void I was left with and now 3 years later I want to make something of my life I want to go to college and I want to be someone but I live with my grandmother who is also an addict (the large majority of my family is) and no matter how hard I try to clean myself up my family sucks me back into it one way or another and I've come to the conclusion that I must leave. I've been searching for a job for months to try and get some cash flow to save up to leave but no where around me seems to want me. I'm not in high school but I do have my GED. I guess really the purpose of this thread is to ask if there are any resources available that could help me. Every passing day here chips off a little bit more of myself and I don't know how to handle it anymore.

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. It definitely sounds like you're going through a lot; you mention abuse, which you should not have to experience at all, and you mention a pattern of drug use, which definitely can have serious consequences. We hope to help you out today by letting you know that you may be eligible for transitional living programs for youth in your area. These programs often provide pretty long-term housing and are usually free. We can refer you to such resources if you reach out to us at 1-800-786-2929, info@1800runaway.org, or our chat at 1800runaway.org. We also can provide you with more information about the legal consequences of running away. Usually it's not illegal to run away from home, and police will usually just return you to your legal guardian. However, we can call out to your non-emergency police to confirm if you call us.

Hopefully this was helpful,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X