Can't live here anymore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't live here anymore

I've been having issues with my mom my whole life. I'm 16 turning 17 next month. Living with my mom isn't a good environment for me she's so negative. My dad and I don't talk really and it would be uncomfortable for me staking with him. My mom is mad at me right now and and she won't let me leave or have any device to talk to anyone I'm lucky I found this old tablet to text right now. My boyfriend and I are texting right and his mom said I can live with them. I'm just scared my mom isn't going to let me leave but I can't live here much longer past 2 days I've just been laying in my bed with my lights off. Please let me know ehat to do to get me out of here and to let me stay safe with my boyfriend.

Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand that it takes courage to seek help. We are sorry to hear about your situation at home with your mother. It sounds like you are thinking about leaving home. Since you are a minor, if you decide to leave home without permission your mom has the right to file a runaway report. With a runaway report, if the police find you they may return you home. Running away isn't against the law but if you were to stay with your boyfriend, his mom could get charged with harboring a runaway. You could try asking your mom if she would allow you to stay with another family member or close friend. Another option that you have is looking into emancipation laws for your state. Child Help (1-800-422-4453) is a great resource to explore your options and get information on how to transfer custody. We hope that this is helpful, if you have any questions or just want to talk please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email. or live chat.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X