I hate my family.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate my family.

I grew up okay until my mum started drinking alcohol and becoming an alcoholic, even before then she'd physically and verbally abuse me to the point i'd write suicide notes and carvings on the wall about wanting to die.You could say i had attempted suicide a couple times with a knife, but I was never brave enough to do it. I've hated growing up with her, especially in a household where drugs are abused such as my older brother smoking marijuana and also being very abusive towards my younger sister and I, and the fact that my mum is an alcoholic and i no longer want to live, or see her again. I'm so stressed out and anxious because of all this and i can't just run away, I need a stable home so i can live without my family. I'm always called bad names by my family, such as unwanted, worthless, pathetic, demon, and my mum says i need an exorcism. I need help.

Hello and thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately, you seem to be located outside of the United States so our resources that we have available are very sparse. However, you can always call us to talk at 1800-RUNAWAY. You mentioned suicide, which is a very serious topic. If you are feeling like you want to harm yourself or end your life, please do not hesitate to reach out to your local police for help. Unfortunately we cannot conference call out to international resources. You can also call out to the Australia Lifeline at 13-11-14 or at https://www.lifeline.org.au/get-help/get-help-home .
    Dealing with an abusive situation at home can be extremely hard and scary. We are here to support you through this hard time. You do not deserve any form of abuse by the hand of anyone. If you are feeling unsafe or are thinking about reporting the abuse you may want to contact your local Child Protection agency or the police. It sounds like there is some alcohol and drug abuse going on in the home. If at any time your family members are willing to get help for their situations hopefully they will contact some drug and alcohol counseling resources. You informed us that you may be looking to leave home but do not want to stay anywhere that is not stable. You seem to have some concerns about that, it is understandable that you feel that you need stability. Possibly talking with other friends or family members who are trustworthy about your situation may also help you get more options about where to go.
    Again, thank you for reaching out to the NRS. We are open 24/7 on our hotline. We are also confidential, and are toll free. We wish you the very best and hope for a safer environment for you.
    -NRS
    We hope this response was helpful! We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X