No announcement yet.

My step dad hit my mom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mom and my stepdad fight a lot and sometimes it gets violent I found out while visiting my dad she got my stepdad arrested for hitting her and holding her hostage with a gun in front of my little sister I was scared I didn’t wanna go back home but she told my dad that she had sole custody of me and I had to go home even though I didn’t want to A few days After he got out of jail she started seeing my stepdad again and forcing us to see him. she had put a restraining order on him temporarily but changed her mind when he said he wanted her back .She started seeing him in hiding because she thought she would get in trouble or that my real dad would find out because of the restraining order on my step dad . I don’t want to live with them anymore I want to live with my real dad but she doesn’t let me my dad tried going to court for me and I told the judge that I want to live with my dad that I don’t want to live with my mom anymore and that my dad can take better care of me. The judge isn’t listening to my dad or me I don’t know what else to do. I’m 13 and I get severe anxiety because of my mom and I don’t get like that with my dad and step mom. And because my dad went to court for me to get me away from my mom she’s refusing to let me see my dad and stepmom and brother and sister she tells them that I’m grounded takes away my phone and tells my dad A bunch of things to keep me away from them every time she gets mad. She’s always doing things to punish me and make me feel bad because I wanna be with my dad I’m scared to tell anybody the truth now because of what she does.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi! Thanks for writing to us at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We know it can be anxiety-producing to reach out for support, and we’re proud of you for doing that! It sounds like you’re describing that there’s domestic violence at your mom and stepdad’s home. We aren’t legal experts, but we can explore options with you, offer emotional support, and offer resources in your area. If you would like to do any of that you are welcome to call us at 1-800-786-2929 or chat us through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the CHAT button). We would be happy to look up counseling resources to help support you with the anxiety you’re experiencing, but like you shared – it sounds like the anxiety is based on context when you aren’t feeling safe.

You can learn more about Domestic Violence here (https://www.thehotline.org/identify-...ionship-abuse/) if you’d like, and might consider sharing this website with your mom when your stepdad isn’t around if that feels safe. It is, unfortunately, not uncommon for a perpetrator of abuse (your stepdad) to use power and control to convince the survivor of abuse (your mom) to continue the relationship. You might think about reading about how to create a safety plan here: https://www.loveisrespect.org/person...a-safety-plan/ at Love is Respect. Both of these websites also have online chat services and hotlines, if you are interested in additional support.

The emotions you’re experiencing are normal, and you were brave to reach out today! Even though it can be scary to tell someone what’s happening at home, you can also consider telling another trusted adult, teacher, school counselor, or the police. You deserve to be safe. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us for additional support via Chat or Hotline.

My son 12 seen his step father hit his mother and his mother said it wasn't that bad even when my son heard him say he was going to kill her.. my son jumped on his back hitting him saying .. get off my mom
    what can I do as my son now hates me for no reason and has been manipulated during lock down
    Can you help me
    I dont have money for court

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,

Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like your son and his mother have been going through a really difficult time, and we want you to know they are not alone.
      What you have described seems like domestic violence, which is unacceptable. You or your son can contact The National Domestic Violence Hotline at: 1800-799-7233. They also may be able to help with an order of protection from the step father. You can also consider having your son go to counseling since it seems like there is a lot going on at home.

We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here for you 24/7 to listen and to provide support.

NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X