Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice!

I just need a bit of advise, all I want to do is have full custody with my mom or even 5 days of the week would be lovely, I'm planning on telling my dad I do not want to stay here because the living conditions are bad, I am 15 so I feel like I deserve a choice and opinion, I suppose you could consider this case Child neglect, there are animal feces everywhere and lots of fleas, sometimes dinner isn't made, I feel unsafe here, I have talked to my mom and she wants me and my sister to stay with her. I also understand no one here is a there's and can't tell me exactly what to do

Hi there,

Thanks so much for reaching out. Some of the circumstances you're describing definitely could be considered neglect by child protective services, and if you are comfortable making a report to CPS, you may certainly consider doing so. You can report any presumed neglect to us, and we can make a formal report to child protective services where you live. They can investigate your home situation and determine whether or not it would be appropriate to rehouse you, perhaps with your mother. Your mother also may want to reach out to the lawyers involved with her divorce case and inform them of these circumstances to bring about a custody transfer. We aren't legal aid, so we can't help you initiate this custody transfer, but talking to a lawyer would inform you of how you and your mother could go about initiating such a custody transfer. Call us with other questions, comments, concerns, or if you are interested in any of our services (1-800-786-2929).

Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X