No announcement yet.

I am 17 and I have severe Major Depression, PTSD, and Anxiety.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I am 17 and I have severe Major Depression, PTSD, and Anxiety.

    I live in Brooklyn, New York. I was placed in Foster Care as a child, the foster parents abused me and molested me. My dad died when I was 8, two years after he and my mom won the case to get us back. My mom met an abusive guy and last year I saw him beat her in front of me. Weeks later she left us for him. She emotionally abusive and I live with my sisters. My mom doesn't believe I'm struggling with Depression and keeps bringing her boyfriend around even after I told her it triggers my flashbacks. I've tried to kill myself and I've been hospitalized twice, going inpatient once. There's an ACS case open and she keeps blaming me for everything. I had a plan to move out in two years, but it's become unbearable now. I want to runaway, but I don't know what to do. Seriously contemplating suicide if I can't get away from here. Please help me

  • #2
    Thanks for reaching out to NRS. It sounds like you’ve been through a lot of trauma throughout your life. The abuse you dealt with from your foster parents, your mom, and her current boyfriend is not okay and you don’t deserve to be treated like that. It’s perfectly reasonable to not want to be around your mother’s boyfriend because of the emotional triggers it brings up for you.

    We can tell how much emotional pain you’re in right now and how much you want to get out. One resource that might be able to offer you some support and assistance is your ACS caseworker. If they are a trained social worker or if there’s a social worker in their office, that could be helpful because social workers are trained to offer support and advocate for you. If you have a social worker or counselor at your school, that could be a resource for you as well. As for other resources, if you’re looking for low or no cost mental health treatment, you can contact the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration. Their website is, and their phone number is 1-800-662-HELP. It sounds like you’ve also been thinking about suicide lately. If you need help in a crisis, feel free to call the Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK or text Crisis Text Line by texting HELLO to 741-741. ChildHelp is also a good resource if you need to talk about the abuse you’re enduring now. Their number is 1-800-422-4453.

    We really appreciate the courage it took for you to reach out for help. If you’d like to talk about this with us more or get some more resource specific to you and where you live, feel free to call us anytime at 1-800-RUNAWAY or reach out through our chat line on our website. Thanks again for reaching out.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp