Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate my life : (

My parents are going through a divore and there putting me in the middle of things, they act like i shouldent care so my dad moved to az and now i live with my mom and she is absoultly crazy, i cant live with her and suicide crosses my mind every hour of every day, i'd rather go to juvie then live with her, and i feel i have no other choice then to run away theres no discusing with her or even talking anything about my feeling, all it is with her is callling me a brat, they end im only 13 i dont need this, i wana live with my dad but i have no way of getting there and if i live with my mom for much longer i feel sucide as a strong affect. I really wana run away and i feel i can take care of myself.

Re: I hate my life : (

Hello,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to contact us at the National Runaway Switchboard at a time when we sense you truly need someone to listen to you. It sounds very frustrating to witness both of your parent’s separation from each other. Divorce can be tough on young children and can take its toll on you emotionally. We empathize with you and hear you about not feeling you can open up to your mother. One thing that stood out is the notion that you should act like you do not care about what has happened to your family. It is not fair to you for anyone to make that assumption that you do not or should not care about the issues. This is your family even if it is not the same anymore and your feelings and thoughts ought to matter. We imagine that your inability to live with your mother comes from your frustration with not having a voice. The fact that suicide crossed your mind is something that needs much care and immediate attention paid to it.

How long have you been thinking about suicide? Do you have a plan for committing suicide? Have you ever tried to commit suicide before? Will you use a certain method or have you chosen a preferred one? How do you feel about the fact that you think about committing suicide? How do you feel about your parents or other significant people in your life? Are you physically ill? Have you been to a doctor recently? Do you know anyone who has committed suicide? Have you ever tried to get help before and would you consider getting help now? Is there someone in your life who provides you with support? What do you expect death to be like? When you look ahead to your future, what do you see? Have you been feeling depressed? How long? Do you really want to die?

Do you have other alternatives to running away? Have you thought about seeing whether your mother is able to send you to live with your father for a while? Have you tried to engage both of them in conversation to create a proper and safe alternative to running away? You are right in saying that you do not need the drama because your life should be focus on simpler issues. However, life has a way to changing people into something else. What do you think the consequences might be if you go live with your father without your mother's permission? Who has retained custody of you?

Generally, it is not considered a crime to runaway in most states although it sort of like a crime but one committed by a minor and is left up to police discretion in handling the situation. If your mother files a runaway report, this can put your father is risk for harboring you. Do you think it is possible to get both of them on board about your plan? We hear how hard it is to trust your mother and you seem to still have some liking for your father. Can you see what he is able to do to assist you? What do you expect life as a runaway to be like or even life away from home? What do you expect it to be like if you decide to return home after leaving? We want to hear from you and you are welcome to call us 24 hours a day at 1800RUNAWAY for support or someone to listen to you in person. We are in no position to tell you what to do but we are here for you if you need us. Please think about some of the options we mentioned and we look forward to hearing from you. Good luck.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X