Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i hate my life.

i want to run away. i really do. i'm 15 and i live with my grandpa and i hate it here. my dad is on drugs and my mom is also depressed. so my grandparents adopted me and my grandma died back in 2001 so its just me and my grandpa. i hate this situation. we never get along and it's only getting worse. i attempted suicide about 2 weeks ago and was put in a psychiatric hospital for a week. i missed so much school and now i'm behind and failing. i just feel like i have no options left...

Re: i hate my life.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us at the National Runaway Switchboard and we hope to continue serving your needs at this time. Thank you for trusting us with your story. After all that you have been through and continue to overcome, we applaud you for that fact that you are a survivor. Putting things into perspective for you is something we hope that you learn on your own eventually. About your situation at home, we can see why you feel the need to run. However, we advocate looking at the situation and facing it head on but it is often easier said than done.

We are in no position to tell you what to do and we see that you are struggling with what you ought to do in this case. You are young and deserving of more attention paid to your needs. We hope that you can count on us as an agency and know that we have your back in times of need. Your safety is our number one priority and we hope you are feeling a bit safer than before. We imagine it is not easy for you. Knowing someone is on drugs and the other dealing with issues of depression can be painful. It simply means that you have to find your own way with some assistance to learn to cope with the stress. How do you cope? What can you do to distract yourself more from the issues? We hope you can take advantage of doing things out of the house more to avoid dealing with the rigors of everyday life at home.

Do you have a plan for committing suicide? You have tried to commit suicide before. Do you plan on trying to commit suicide again? Will you use the same method the next time, or have you chosen a new one? How do you feel about the fact that you tried to commit suicide? How do you feel about your parents and other significant people in your life? How long have you been thinking about suicide? Do you know anyone who has committed suicide? Have you ever tried to get help before and would you consider getting help now? Is there someone in your life who provides you with support?

Has anyone in your family contacted school personnel to discuss the chances of you making up some of the work that you missed already? Your situation is a unique one that needs careful intervention and nurture. We hope that others involved can put forth their best efforts to give you what you need. That said we want you to know that you can reach us 24 hours a day at 1800RUNAWAY for more suggestions or if you need someone to listen in person to offer some emotional support. We are here for you. Please feel free to contact us again.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

hi. sorry it's taken me a while to respond, but i've been quite busy. i try to cope by seeing my therapist. i was also put on the antidepressant effexor while in the hospital, but i've stopped taking it because it's had negative side effects and increased my suicidal thoughts. as for hobbies, i've never really had any except for reading and watching tv. i think i might have a social anxiety or something, because when i'm around people i don't know what to say and i'm usually very quiet and tense. right now, i'm not suicidal and have no plans of suicide. i'm just stressed out with the way my life is right now. i feel guilty for getting so far behind in school. i've been trying to make up my work, but it seems impossible and report cards are next week (the 31st). I feel I have no options left and my school isn't really working with me to help make up the stuff i missed... I just feel hopeless now.

Comment

Thanks for sharing a little more of what’s going on with us. It sounds like you’ve been trying many different things to cope with everything. It’s great that you have a therapist that you can turn to when you need to talk about how you’re feeling and for support to work through all the stress. We’re also glad to hear that you’re not feeling suicidal anymore.

From what you wrote, we understand that one of your biggest concerns right now is catching up in school. It can seem really overwhelming when you have a lot of back work to do. It’s too bad that your school isn’t really trying to support you and help you make up all the class work you missed. Maybe there’s someone, such as your therapist, that could help advocate for you with the school? Keep your head up! It probably feels like you’re paddling upstream, but hopefully you’ll get to where you need to be if you keep working hard at it.

If you ever need someone to talk to, give us a call. There’s someone here 24/7. We’re completely confidential and non-judgemental. Best of luck with everything!
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
        x
        x
        Working...
        X