Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I call CPS on my mom?

My brother has sever autism and only has the mental age of a 2-3 year old, according to tests. He has a lot of stim habits, and one of those is tearing up books. Recently, he got to a pile of library books and tore all of them up. When my mom found out, she stormed over to my brother, grabbed him, hit him across his back and threw him to the couch, all while screaming at him. She has done this before but it was a few years ago because my brother wet the bed. I’m not sure if I should call cps because it rarely happens and the rest of the time she is very nice to everyone ( though she tends to be colder to just my brother a lot of the time). Any suggestions?

Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand that it takes courage to seek help. We are very sorry to hear about the way your mom has been treating your brother. Abuse is never okay, and he doesn't deserve that. If you feel as though he is in immediate danger, we encourage you to contact the police. You have the right to contact CPS even though the abuse rarely happens, your brother's safety is important. You could contact Child Help (1-800-422-4453) to explore your options before you consider reporting your mom. You could also try speaking with an adult you trust such as another family member or close friend for additional support. We hope that this information helps, if you have any questions please contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

me and my brother have both been assaulted by my mom ....it usually starts out as a conversation and then it starts getting physical. like one time my brother had gotten all F's on his report card and when my mom found out....like i said ....it started out as a conversation and then it got worse to were my mom thought it was a good idea to throw him into a chair... and later on when i went into his room i found out that he had a cut on his wrist from getting pushed into the chair so hard.....but for me.....it doesn't really start out as a conversation ...it usually just gets physical....just like today....me and my brother were pushing my baby brother on his baby bike and i pushed him a little too hard and my baby brother fell off backwards and hit his head....and then my mom got up and got my baby brother and started yelling at me saying ' SEE THATS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ARE NOT CAREFUL!!!!!! ' and i whispered under my breath ' why are you only getting mad at me?' because obviously i couldn't get ALL the blame....anyway ....my mom turned around and said ' DO. YOU .HAVE .SOMETHING .TO .SAY? ' but as she was saying that she was poking me very hard ( she was poking me with her knuckle ) and so she was really just punching me in the head....and i got a headache a couple minutes after that lasted.... about....an half and hour.... and keep in mind when that happened to my brother he was 14 but that was a couple years ago ( but many things have still happened after that) and this happened to me today and i'm only 12.... the only person she doesn't do this stuff to is my 15 month old brother ...but i bet she is going to start doing all this bad stuff to him soon....she's a red head....and another name for red head is psycho...

Comment

• ccsmod2
        ccsmod2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello There,
        Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you and your brother are going through a really difficult time right now.
        You and your brother do not deserve to be abused in any type of way and we are sorry you are going through all of that. One option to consider is contacting Child Help and filing an abuse report, they can be reached at 1800-422-4453. Another option would be to call us and we would be more than happy to help file an abuse report on your behalf. If you are ever in immediate danger please call the police. We are not sure if school is cancelled due to the virus, but if not you can also always speak with your school counselor.
        We want you to know you are not alone and there is support out there for you. We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and provide support. We wish you the best of luck!
        NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X