No announcement yet.

My friend needs help and i want to do.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My friend needs help and i want to do.

    I have a friend who is in a physically, emotionally, and verbally abuse home, he is 15 and is considering running away. We live in Texas where it is illegal to run away, i am seriously worried about him and his situation. His mother has previously abused him and has been put into jail for it but got bailed out and still hasn't learned her lesson i want to know what there is that i can do to help him. He has considered suicide before and i dont want him down that path again. His mother is an alcoholic that has a bad temper, and abuses him most when she is drunk. She also has two other kids that she favors. Anytime something bad happens she takes it out on him, i wish for him to get out of that house asap.

  • #2
    Hi there,

    Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We are here 24/7 to listen and to support.

    We're sorry to hear about what your friend has been facing and would want them to know that they deserve to feel safe and happy in their home. They definitely always have the right to call the police if they are ever in danger, but another they or both of you can is to reach out to Child Help for guidance. Child Help can help you with child abuse reporting, thinking through what things might look like before and after a report is made, and talking through the possibility of possibly have custody transferred to a different family member. They can be reached at 1-800-442-4453 to provide help.

    If he is ever feeling suicidal again, you can let him know that his life is valuable and that there are people that want to listen and help. He can always call out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 at any time.

    We can also be reached at 1-800-786-2929 if either of you need support. We would be able to provide options like mediating a conference call between him and his parents or provide resources like legal aid numbers or information on emancipation. Let us know if you want help talking through any of these options or want information on any other services.


    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp