Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm 17 and i think i'm being emotionally abused

this is something i never thought i would do. i would first like to apologize for any errors i may make grammatically during this. so i want to note my mom is bi polar. ever since i was little i've witnessed a lot of violence between my parents, and horrible screaming from my mom. she still screams, if anyone is familiar with the whole youtube daddy o five thing, she screams like that. recently she has been calling me an annoying **********, useless, not worth the trouble, she's told me to stop being myself, that she hates who i am, she screamed in my face that i was the reason she wanted to die. there are more but i can't remember because i tried to forget. she has been threatening to take my door away. she's told me my boyfriend is going to leave me. he has heard and seen her act like this and says when i'm 18 i need to leave (i turn 18 in 5 months.) i've been thinking of leaving sooner though, but i'm not sure.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We are here 24/7 to listen and support. We're sorry to hear about all that you have been facing and want you to know that you deserve to feel safe and happy in your home. You mentioned wanting to leave your home before you are 18. We are not legal experts but generally speaking, if you leave while still 17, your parents could file a runaway report and you could be returned home. There could also be legal consequences for whomever you stay with for what is called harboring a minor. One thing you can do is reach out to your local police to inquire how they handle runaway reports for 17 year olds. Some cities and departments treat them differently because a 17 year old is so close to becoming a legal adult. If you talked about the abuse, it could also change the way your case is handled. The way to get the most accurate information would be to call your local police non-emergency number and anonymously inquire about their practices. If you need help finding this number or want to talk through other options you might have, we can be reached at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Stay safe,

NRS
    ccsmod1
    Super Moderator
    Last edited by ccsmod1; 06-05-2018, 01:20 AM.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X