Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wanna move with my hwas

I'm 14 and my mom hates me, she plans to send me to my fathers in another state and I hate him, I insisted to move with my grandmas since she's a better role model and I can help her but she's not letting me, what do I do?

Hello there, thanks for reaching out today. It sounds really hurtful that your feeling like your mom hates you and wants to send you to your dad. That's great that your grandma is a good role model, seems like she is a great support for you.

We are not legal experts, but we can speak generally. Unfortunately, your mom probably has guardianship over you and she is within her rights to let up an alternative living arrangement for you if she doesn't want you to live with her. If you haven't already, you might let your grandma know that you are wanting to live with her. Maybe she can help you talk to your mom or dad for you about living with her. Sometimes when parents are not hearing you, it can help to include a trusted adult in on the conversation. Here at NRS, we do have a conference call service if you call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. The conference call can be a safe space to talk about how you are feeling without being interrupted or disrespected so both you and your mom can better communicate.

You might have more options available to you depending on your situation. If you would like to talk through your situation and help with brainstorming your options please do not hesitate to call or chat us. We can also provide support and look for local resources that might be able to help. You are not alone and we want to be a support for you during this difficult time.

Best,

NRS

Thank you again for reaching out. We hope this was helpful and we encourage you to reach out by phone if you/she needs additional resources or need help figuring out more options. Our number is 1-800-786-2929 and our lines are always open. If you have a moment, we'd appreciate your feedback of our crisis services at the following link:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X