Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 19 and need some options

Hi, I’m 19 years old and a guy and I want to move out.I live with my cousins because no other family cares about me. And they are also starting not to care about me. I am getting verbally abused and physically Every now and then.I'm always getting told I'm going to end up six feet under and one of them is going to end up in prison. Because they blame everything on me and they believe all the stress which they are really causing are going to cause a heart attack and blaming that on me. I am trying to do my best to work and get some money but I don't know how much longer I can take I already wanted to kill myself last night. It was how bad is got. I also suffer from bipolar 2 so it really don't help with me being depressed.

Hi,
    Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like you’re in a scary situation. No one ever deserves to be abused. It’s concerning to us that you mention wanting to kill yourself. Your safety is our top priority. If you ever feel like you’re in danger of hurting yourself, you can always call 9-1-1. Another resource that could be helpful is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. It sounds like you’re wanting to leave home, which is understandable. You mention cousins as being an option, which is great. Another option you might consider is a transitional living program, which can provide housing for up to 18 months and is intended to help you learn the ropes of adulthood and get on your feet. For more information about a program near you, feel free to give us a call at the number listed below.
    It sounds like you’re going through a lot right now. If you ever need someone to talk to, we are here 24/7 to listen and help in any way we are able. If you’d like to look into getting a counselor, you can also call the SAMHSA referral line to locate a mental health resource near you: 1-877-726-4727.
    Thank you again for reaching out. We hope this was helpful and we encourage you to reach out by phone if you need additional resources or need help figuring out your options. Our number is 1-800-786-2929 and our lines are always open. If you have a moment, we'd appreciate your feedback of our crisis services at the following link:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think
    Stay safe!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X