•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod10
    replied
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a bit about your situation.

From what you included in your email, you mentioned that your mom has been hitting you and it sounds like she can also be a bit emotionally abusive too. It’s understandable that you’re wanting to get away from that environment. Home should always be a safe place for you to be, abuse is never okay and you don’t deserve that treatment. You are always able to report the abuse that you’re going through to CPS or staff at school. You’re not alone in this, we are here to help, and there are other organizations here to help as well. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with someone you trust, as far as transferring custody.

If you feel like getting out of the house is the best option and you decide to run away, we can explain what usually happens. We’re not legal experts, but from our general knowledge, running away is not illegal. If you runaway, your parents can make a runaway report. The police don't always actively look for you, if they come across you, then they usually bring you home. If you explain to them that home isn't a safe place to be, they don't always return you right away. They're supposed to investigate it first. We offer to call out to youths local police, with youth, to find out their protocols and what happens if runaways refuse to go home. We can also help find runaway/youth shelters in your area, so you can stay safe.

We also have legal aid resources in our database. While we’re not law experts, we can try to find one in your area, there may be legal ways for you to be able to move out of your house. We’re here to try to brainstorm options with you.

We hope our response is helpful. Also, talking to school counselors and teachers about what’s going on at home could provide you with great support. You are not alone in this. You are always welcome to call into our 24/7 crisis center if you'd like to talk more about your situation.

Be safe, NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Run away

Run away

I want to run away. My mom and I have been fighting lately. She keeps forcing me to do stuff. She even said she liked our pets better than me. She even hit me multiple times. I just can't handle it I feel like I'm trapped in a prison. I wanna leave but I don't know where to go. I'm still young and I don't wanna live with other family members. Someone pls give me some advice
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X