Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• family issues

I’m 17 years old being abused by mother ever since I was 6 . I ran away so many times but nobody does anything here . I was almost killed yesterday and I’m thinking about running away . My mother brought me to the United States 42 days old in 2001. I don’t know if should take my birth certificate and green card with me because I’m afraid she’d take them away and rip it up so she’d get me taken away to a refugee camp which was destroyed years ago . I go to school and I’m 11th grader. I’m afraid I’ll be placed somewhere and eventually won’t be able to get scholarships to pay for my colleges here in Minnesota . If I run away Is it the best choice ? To run away from an abusive mother . My father doesn’t care and he doesn’t live with us . My stepdad doesn’t care either he’s afraid if he steps in my mother would divorce him . When I was almost stabbbed with a knife he didn’t even bother taking it away. What should I do? I don’t even know anymore .

Hi, thank you for reaching out. We’re so sorry to hear about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re in a very unsafe situation. If you feel like you are immediate danger, you can always call 9-1-1. We understand the need to leave since it sounds like you are currently in immediate danger. You might consider staying with a friend or a family member. Since you are a minor, your parents would technically have the right to file a runaway report, but given your age it is a possibility that the police would not pursue the report. If you do leave and encounter the police, we encourage you to let them know about what’s going on at home. Another option is to file an abuse report as soon as you get to a safe place. To do that, you can call Child Help at 1-800-422-4453 or your local child protective services. Regarding taking your birth certificate, it could be a good idea. Take care and be safe.
    Thank you again for reaching out. We hope this was helpful and we encourage you to reach out by phone if you need additional resources or need help figuring out your options. Our number is 1-800-786-2929 and our lines are always open. If you have a moment, we'd appreciate your feedback of our crisis services at the following link:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think
    Stay safe!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X