No announcement yet.

I just don't want to be in this house.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I just don't want to be in this house.

    I know a lot of people think teens with these issues sound petty, but please hear me out when I say that I hate life solely because of my mother. She abuses me verbally and it messes me up mentally. I honestly don't know what to do anymore. I'd rather her to beat me senseless than to put me down every second and not accept me. We even had therapy sessions and that didn't work whatsoever. I just can't live here anymore and I was hoping that this hotline could help. I'm a 16 year old male and I was wondering if there is anyway I could move to a different location. Anywhere that would allow me a fresh start. A place where I can be accepted and live without wanting to die. Pleeeeaase.

  • #2
    re: I just don't want to be in this house.

    Hey there,

    Thank you for being able to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline, it seems like you are going through a pretty tough time at this point in your life and we want you to know that we are here to listen and to help in the best way that we can. From what you shared, it sounds like you have thought about leaving home and want to still continue your education. We are glad you were able to come to us in this time of crisis.

    Have you considered talking to anyone else about what you have been experiencing? Sometimes just being able to talk to a counselor or a friend could help ease your situation. Also, speaking to an older adult like a family friend or an aunt or uncle about your situation could help by also talking to your mother about how you are feeling. These are some options you might want to consider.

    We want to start off by letting you know that we are not legal experts here, which means that we are only able to speak in general terms. In most states you would still be considered a minor, which means that your parents would be able to file a runaway report. If a runaway report is filed and you are found, typically you would be forced to return home. Another factor you might want to keep in mind is harboring a runaway. If an adult is allowing you to stay in their home, the person you are staying with could be charged with harboring a runaway. The charges for that can vary from fines to jail time. As we mentioned, we are not legal experts here, if you wanted more accurate answers, we would highly encourage you to reach out to your local police department.

    We hope that we were able to help you think a little more about your options and brainstorm some more with you, if you feel like you would still need some more support or go through some more options, please feel free to reach out to us here at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) we are here 24/7. We also have a live chat service which is available from 4:30 PM to 11:30 PM CST. We wish you the best of luck in whatever it is you decide to do and hope to hear from you soon.

    Stay strong,

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp