Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why wont they leave me alone?

i'm in 8th grade and i want to run away. but you already knew that. my dad is extremely intimidating and so is my mom. its not like they abuse me, and people would say "hey there's nothing wrong with your family! your just being selfish!", but they don't listen to my problems or get how hard everything is for me. I grew up with an older brother who did all the work around the house, and my dad would always tell him to do the work and harp on him because my brother knew what was best for me and thought that maybe i should be learning how to do these daily things too. My dad never taught me how to do anything until i was 10 and my brother and mom left. Until then i had always had someone to rely on and never had to do anything for myself. My dad never taught me how to do any kind of work so even though i know how to do the work, now, 3 years later, i still am used to everyone doing everything for me. My dad always blames me for not doing the work even though its his fault. He beats himself up about it everyday but never stops yelling at me. Its his fault that i have bad grades. i still don't know how to memorize things because he spent so much time tying to make my brother perfect that he never taught me anything himself. He took my phone because i was talking to this guy online who i told everything to and even though i knew it was stupid i sent him picture of me naked. I felt like he was the only person i could talk to but my dad thought otherwise. Once he took my phone i started relying on my track-phone, which a week later, my mom took. i pay for that phone and i bought it so i don't think she should be able to take it from me. Anyway, every day i go out into my little town i live in on my bike and stay out until it gets pitch black out and my dad has to come get me. i never want to be around him and i tried to run away a year ago but he came and got me and kept me in my room with no food but some cereal and water for a week. i don't know what to do. someone please tell me what to do because the only reason i haven't killed myself yet is because im to chicken to. someone give me some advice please!

RE: Why wont they leave me alone?

Hello,
    Thank you for reaching out to us. It can be hard to open up to someone, and we appreciate that you have done so with us. Sounds like you are going through a really difficult time. You mentioned that you feel misunderstood by your parents. It sounds like it would be frustrating for them to expect things of you that you are not confident in doing. You mentioned your father stopping you from speaking to someone who you were talking to online. It sounds like being separated from someone you trust to talk to was really tough for you, and it sounds like you are struggling with feeling like your parents are not treating you fairly.

You said that you have thought about killing yourself. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support or go to www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can.

You mentioned that you have sent a naked picture to this person online. You should know that, depending on the state that you live in, there are laws against sexting, which can even mean criminal charges. Another thing to consider is that even if you trust the person you sent it to, you can never know what happens to a picture once you send it. If you have any questions or concerns about the safety and legal issues around sexting, www.sexetc.org is a great resource for you, and they even have a breakdown of different laws by state.

It sounds like you are coping with all of this by trying to stay out of your house as much as possible. You may want to consider extracurricular activities at school or in your community, tutoring sessions to help your grades or study groups with friends to occupy your time away from home positively. We can help you find resources as well, or help you come up with a plan to stay safe if you decide to leave.

Again, we thank you for reaching out. We want to make sure you are always in a safe place. We mentioned calling the National Suicide Hotline if you are ever having scary thoughts again. You can also call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat with us at www.1800RUNAWAY.org. We wish you the best of luck.
    Best, NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X