No announcement yet.

I'm running away. ( I need advice )

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm running away. ( I need advice )

    I am currently only 10, I am planning to runaway. I have decided I AM going to runway.
    Is there any shelters in Austrailia I could go to?

  • #2
    Hi there,

    It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help.
    The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. Since you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: http://www.childhelplineinternationa...where-we-work/
    We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    • #3
      I am 10 and want to run away

      I want to runaway beacause my mom is abusive calls me things says she wishes I was never born and hits me with a wooden spoon so hard I get bruised. But recently she has been nice and I don't know what to do can I please have some advice NRS Thanks.


      • ccsmod5
        ccsmod5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, there,
        Thank you for reaching out. It sounds like you’re in a very scary situation. No one ever deserves to be abused and it’s not okay that your mom has said those terrible things to you or hits you. You have the right to file an abuse report with child protective services and can do that a couple of ways. One option is to tell an adult that you trust about what’s been happening, like a teacher or a guidance counselor. Adults at school are “mandated reporters,” meaning that they must report any abuse that they hear about. Another option is to file a report yourself. For more information on what that process looks like and what might happen if you do file an abuse report, you can call Child Help at 1-800-422-4453.
        It sounds like your mom is abusive but sometimes is nice. It’s a possibility that your mother doesn’t know how she is affecting you. If you ever need help talking to your mom about what’s been going on, feel free to give us a call. We are happy to help you figure out what to say or even mediate a call between you and your mom. Another option is to ask your guidance counselor or another adult to help you have that conversation.
        Thank you again for reaching out. We hope this was helpful and we encourage you to reach out by phone if you need additional resources or need help figuring out your options. Our number is 1-800-786-2929 and our lines are always open. If you have a moment, we'd appreciate your feedback of our crisis services at the following link:

        Stay safe!
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp