Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i run away

Dear Nrs, I feel like running away from home because it seems like my life will start to go real good but then it all turns to crap because my parents seem to yell at me for the smallest things like today i was supposed to take the cats litterbox out and it was raining so i put more litter in there and said i would take it out when it stopped and my mom started yelling at me about how im tearing this family apart and my dad started doing the same thing i just want to know how much trouble i could get by the police and if this is violating florida state law by running away

re: should i run away

Hey there,

Thank you for being able to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline, it seems like you are going through a pretty tough time at this point in your life and we want you to know that we are here to listen and to help you in the best way that we can. From what you shared, it sounds like you have been going through quite a bit with your parents.

There are possibly some things you might want to consider thinking of before you decide to leave, we have listed some questions below that you might want to brainstorm before you decide to leave:

What else can I do to improve my home situation before I leave?
    What would make me stay at home?
    How will I survive?
    Is running away safe?
    Who can I count on to help me?
    Have I given this enough thought?
    What are my other options?
    If I end up in trouble, who will I call?
    When I return home, what will happen?

If you do find yourself in danger, please feel free to give us a call and we would be more than happy to possibly help you find shelters.

We want to start off by letting you know that we are not legal experts here which means that we are only able to speak to you in general terms. In most states if you are still a minor (under 1 if you were to leave home without parental consent, your parents would be able to file a runaway report. If a report is filed, typically you would be forced to return home. The most accurate way that you would be able to find out is by contacting your local police department and asking some general questions. If you feel like that is something that might make you nervous, please feel free to reach out to us and we would be more than happy to make that call for you.

We hope that we are able to give you some general information about what we do and how we could help. Please remember that our hotline is available 24/7 and could be reached at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We also have a live chat program that is available every day from 4:30 PM until 11:30 PM CST. We wish you the best of luck and hope to get your call or chat soon.

Stay strong,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X