• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod6
    replied
    RE: Ms.

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It sounds like you feel your mom treats you like a child which we imagine can be frustrating. It seems there may be troubles with trust between you and your mom which is a common struggle between parents and children. Sometimes it helps to have someone to mediate conversations between you and your mom to help work through your differences. It sounds like you have reached a breaking point and you mentioned running away but have conflicted and scared feelings. Please know that we are here to listen and help. We can explore some options and plans with you to make sure you are safe. It's great that you reached out for support and that you want to explore some options before making a big decision such as leaving home to live on your own.

We wish you well and look forward to your call or chat soon!

Take care,

NRS

Leave a comment:

• Seadreams1599
    Guest started a topic Ms.

Ms.

Hi. I'm 16 and I live with my mother and little brother. My problem is that she never lets me do anything by myself. We live across the street from a beach and I'm not even aloud to go by myself. I don't have my drivers license yet and I'm kind of glad because if I did I would probably have left a couple days ago because of family issues. I'm pretty mature. I cook and take care of my little brother a lot but she treats me like a 3 year old. I kind of want to run away, but I'm afraid I won't be able to make it on my own and I'll have to come back. Please give me some advice. Thank you.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X