Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know what to do all I know is I can't live here anymore

Hi my name is Keyea and I need to get out of my house I feel like I'm gonna go insane if I stay here any longer ok let me explain I'm 15 years old and when I was in year 7 I got depression and then it got worse when I went to high school I was all alone at school and home I started to self harm and now my whole family knows my mum calls me names for it my dad snaps at me for the smallest thing like if I go to sleep early or late or if I don't eat or if I eat to much and now every one is just blaming me for everything I just can't seem to do anything right anymore and Iv gonna thought a lot as a kid and mostly this year and I was planing to runaway earlyier this year but mum kicked me out and then 2 weeks later Maed me come back and I can't trust anyone the always way hurt me and lie to me and I just can't take this any more I want to leave but I don't know how and I'm scared cause I don't wanna be forced back there and I don't wanna make it hard on any of my friends if I have to stay there do u think some could come to my house like a police person and take me away idk I just need to get out please help

RE: I don't know what to do all I know is I can't live here anymore

Hi there,

If you have contacted NRS today via another means (for example: live chat, email or forum posts) for the same issue, it would be helpful to let us know that you have already contacted us. NRS understands it takes courage to reach out for help; therefore, we would like to minimize the need for you to repeat your situation and avoid offering you duplicate services.

From what you shared, it sounds like are feeling unsupported at home which is making it much more difficult to manage symptoms of depression. We are sorry you feel that living at home is causing you to feel more stressed out. You do not deserve to be made fun of because you self-harm. Home life is expected to be a safe, supportive, and loving space. It seems maybe talking to a school counselor or trusted teacher could help you. If ever you feel your safety is being threatened, calling the police is always an option. Staying with another trusted family member or friend with parental permission could be an option to avoid anyone getting into legal trouble if you were to leave home and stay with them. We have a database of various resources that we can explore with you if you called in or chatted with us.

We are here to listen and to help in any way that we are able to. Our services are best utilized by phone or through chat as forum posts and emails may not receive an immediate response.

Please be safe and reach out soon. We look forward to your call or chat.

Take care,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X