Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to get out of here please help

Im 13 years old and im bisexual but I like a girls a lot more than guys. I know that if I ever told my parents what my sexuality was they would beat me and be unhappy with me because they want me to be "normal".I've talked to them about what if I actually was gay they freaked out they were saying if I ever was they would disown me and they would kick me out of the house and Im very scared because they think they know me they dont know any of my friends or anything they think they know everything about me I've struggled with bipolar depression and anxiety. Things have got worse my parents are starting to get mad a lot and hurting us the other day my mother throw a plate at my brother and I she started scaring us so we locked are selves in a room and Im actually planning to runaway with my brother we planned everything but where we need to go we need somewhere safe where we can't get hurt my father almost throw a chair at my brother but my brother ran to his room my brother and I are very close I trust him with everything neither of us have any friends where we live are friends live all over the world but im very scared my brother and I have also saved loads of cash for are runaway we dont know where to go though we are very scared please help

re: I need to get out of here please help

Hey there,

Thank you for being able to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. From what you shared, it seems like you have been going through quite a bit at this point in your life and we want you to know that we are here to listen and to help in the best way that we can.

We want to start off by letting you know that we are not legal experts here which means that we are only able to speak to you in general terms. In most states, because you are 13, you would still be considered a minor, meaning that if you were to leave home without parental consent, your parents would be able to file a runaway report. If a report is filed, typically you would be forced to return home. The most accurate way that you would be able to find out is by contacting your local police department and asking some general questions. If you feel like that is something that might make you nervous, please feel free to reach out to us and we would be more than happy to make that call for you.

Coming out to your parents could be a difficult conversation and it might be hard to have this conversation with them. Perhaps and options going be to reach out to the GLBT National Hotline and to talk to them through some options about how that conversation would go or what you could do. Their hotline is available 24/7 and could be reached at 1-888-843-4564. They also have a live chat program that could be accessed here: https://www.volunteerlogin.org/chat/index.html

We hope that we are able to give you some general information about what we do and how we could help. Please remember that our hotline is available 24/7 and could be reached at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We also have a live chat program that is available every day from 4:30 PM until 11:30 PM CST. We wish you the best of luck and hope to get your call or chat soon.

Stay strong,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X