No announcement yet.

Family and legal issues

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Family and legal issues

    I'm 17 years old, I have lived without my mother for a some periods of time during my childhood and teen years of time,my parents have split and I recently moved with my dad but I'm getting sent back and my mother is movingly states I do not want to move down south. I have my aunt who will gladly take me into custody but my mother won't agree I'm planning to sit down and have a civil conversation but I'm guessing I need it done legally and i don't know how to don't that. I'm looking for help or advice on this situation

  • #2
    Hi there,

    Thanks for reaching out. It seems like you’re thinking of living with your aunt because your mom is moving to the South and you don’t want to go there. This is understandable, and we hope our message helps you through this situation. We’re not legal experts, so ultimately we don’t know what specific protocol you must follow to get custody transferred to your aunt. You or your aunt may try reaching out to your local courts in order to get some idea what you must do in order to transfer custody. You also may be able to stay with your aunt if you get permission from your mom, and if you are confident that she wouldn’t rescind any oral permission she gives you.

    Hopefully this helps,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp