i want to live with my aunt, cousin, and uncle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i want to live with my aunt, cousin, and uncle

okay so. i’m 12. i live wth my parents but i don’t want to anymore. my parents are always fighting and i turk they want to get a divorce. also, my dad is always yelling at me for nothing. literally nothing. but he also has the same problem with my mom. my dad is the only thing that i can talk to my mom about and me and her agree about. but my mom is also a problem too. she doesn’t give me any choices. she makes me do stuff or not do stuff. all these things my friends can do i can’t. also she yells at me. just earlier she yelled at me bc my friend asked me to spend the night. if i ask her to not do something she still does it. i asked her to not tell my friends mom that i wanted to do something tomorrow (bc i don’t) and yet she still did. she ignores me and always argues with me. i cry at least once a day bc of my parents. i have talked a little bit about it to my other family members. they think that just bc i’m a kid that i’m just over reacting and exaggerating. but i’m not, im really not. i have depression and sometimes i’m suicidal. this is the main reason. the other main reason is bc of school. i have thought about school for months and i have told my parents that i think i would do better if i was homeschooled or at least online schooled but they won’t do it. they won’t even look into it. my aunt has even said that if they would be okay with me being homeschooled, she would homeschool me. my cousin is homeschooled and do believe it would be better for me. also, i think it would be better for me to stop living with my parents. i would be much better off if i could live with my aunt or even my grandma. i don’t know what to do about this. i’ve been thinking for almost a year and i really do think it would be better for me. i have also prayed about this. i’ve been a christian my whole life and i’ve been talking to god about my problems for a while. they have become to much lately tho. i feel like this is the best thing for me. help?

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’ve been going through such a tough time, but we are here to support you and help you in any way we can. We want you to know that you are worth it and that there is hope for you. That sounds so difficult to have that conflict at home. But it sounds like you have some supportive people in your life like your grandma and aunt.

We want you to know that if you ever feel that you are in danger of hurting or killing yourself, you could call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255; suicidepreventionlifeline.org), 911 or call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us online.

You mentioned some struggles with depression and mental health concerns. If you want further information about mental health resources, you could check out the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA); 1-877-726-4727; samhsa.gov; findtreatment.samhsa.gov/.

It sounds like all of your struggles are making you consider leaving home. If you do decide to leave home, you could consider thinking about ways to make sure you stay safe. You could explore ways you would pay for food, shelter, clothing and other necessary things. You could think about how long you would stay away, where you would stay, and what things would be like when you return. You could consider what you would do if you felt that you were in danger or had an emergency.

If you haven’t already, you could consider reaching out to a trusted adult, relative, worker/teacher/counselor at your school for help and support. You could also consider talking to your parents about how you’ve been feeling. Just so you’re aware, we have a conference calling service here where we could help mediate a conversation between you and your parents.

There are also many resources that could help you find a safe place if you’re in need or help you with anything else you may need. If you want to talk more about what’s been going on, or if you would like more information about resources, you can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us online.

Again, thank you for contacting us. It sounds like you’ve been going through a really hard time, but you’ve shown a lot of strength by working through these challenges and reaching out for help. If you ever need anything in the future, please feel free to call us or chat with us online. We’re always here to listen and here to help.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Hello there. I have just turned twelve recently, but I enjoy it, but I don’t . You see, I live with my grandpa and younger sister, since my parents are drug and alcohol abusers. My grandpa is nice... sometimes. He will randomly yell at me and my sibling when we do nothing. He also uses physical harm to teach us lessons, but hardly uses that form of punishment. He mostly tends to use verbal abuse, more to my sister. We both dislike it, and want to say something. I have tried multiple times to speak my mind to my grandfather, and he laughs it off and doesn't speak of it, which infuriates me. We are all omnivores as well, and I am starting to think negatively on that. I want to tell him I am turning vegetarian, but I am afraid to. These are all reasons I want to live with my aunt. My aunt is loving, understanding, outgoing, and a proud vegetarian. I have bonded with her recently, and it pains me staying away from her. Also, I have chores. My main one is dishes, and even if I leave four dishes remaining, I get in trouble, with verbal punishment. He then takes away the weekends I spend with my aunt. I hate it, and I sometimes cry myself to sleep from it. I really feel like I am beginning to suffer from some sort of separation anxiety/depression, but I don't really know. Thank you for listening, and please respond

Comment

• ccsmod16
        ccsmod16 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, thanks for reaching out; we are glad that you did.
        It sounds like you have been through a lot with your parents being drug and alcohol abusers and then also having to live in a stressful home with your verbally abusive grandfather. It’s hard for people to change their behavior if they don’t think they are doing anything wrong, which your grandfather believes.
        Whether you can live with your aunt depends on the decision of who has legal custody of you. If your parents still have custody, they can give permission. If you grandparents have custody, maybe your aunt can ask for you to come live there.
        If you want to talk more about this issue and what you are going through, you and your sister are welcome to reach out to us via our phone hotline or live chat service. Details below. We hope this helps a little and that you might reach out by phone or chat.
        Sincerely,
        NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X