i'm going to runaway. where can i stay?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm going to runaway. where can i stay?

This is probably going to be a rather long post, I apologize. Iv'e also never submitted a "forum" online, so if I have made any errors, I greatly apologize to the moderators and such -
    I'd like to finish writing this as soon as possible, though, so without further ado:

I live with my mother, her boyfriend, my sister and niece (currently)
    as a child I was sexually assaulted, during this though, I informed my sister and mother. During the time, they failed to help me or even listen. Now, living with my sister is a nightmare. She reminds me greatly of those who raped me, and I simply cannot be in the same household as her and remain a good mindset. My mother is also fairly neglectful to this day, she feeds me and she does my laundry, that's all I can say on the matter. She constantly is putting my sister before me (who is in her early 20's now, might I add, whereas I am a mentally ill and traumatized 15 yr old.) My mother yells at me when I tell her how I feel, threatens to hurt me or kick me out of our household, or to tell my therapist. I have no other family member's to live with, my mother isn't the worst in our family, far from that. My other relatives (who live 14+ hours away, anyhow) are extremely abusive and I have no real reason to desire to live with them, especially as it'd be close to the same situation I am in now -
    whenever my sister claims she'll change, and stop being abusive, my mother praises her and demonizes me. Though, when my sister makes another mistake - she praises me and demonizes her. She treats me as if I am much older than I am, telling me I need to grow up, and that I am much like my father/sister in the way's that I self mutilate and drink alcohol often. It's completely tearing me apart, I cannot cope with my past trauma like this.
    Iv'e talked to my therapist about it, but she doesn't seem concerned at all, even at times I find her giving my mother and sister excuses for their actions.

I have basically nowhere to go, if I ran away, I'd probably not do very well. I am smart for my age, but I am mentally ill - (D.I.D, Autism, P.T.S.D. and more) and while I don't like people using this as an excuse it's the honest truth. If I ran away, the best chance I'd have is some sort of shelter - Iv'e been homeless before, so I know what it's like, but I'm still a minor. I don't have a phone, or any device (bike,etc) to leave the house with and we live in a pretty rural area.

Iv'e been trying to keep it together and stay here, as they aren't abusive to the point where I could get really hurt. But, I can't do it anymore. I'm mentally breaking.

I tried to run away a while ago and noone cared, either. Seriously think it'd be best if I just left.

Anyway, to the point: where can I stay?
    Shelters are always an option but I don't want my family contacted at all. We also live, as I said, in a rural area. It would take me quite a while to even make it to an area with more places to stay, honestly...
    any idea's, haha?

I really just want to live a happy life without my family, is all, I hope you understand.
    Sorry if I didn't do well (grammatically, or in explaining) I'm tipsy as of writing this. Please don't disregard what I'm saying though based on that, Iv'e felt like this for as long as I can remember. I can't wait 2-3 years.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to NRS. We are so sorry that you are in this very difficult situation. We cannot imagine what you are going through. We are glad, though, that you are brave and have reached out for help when you need it.

Again, we are very sorry to hear that you are in this tough situation. We cannot imagine what you must go through every day. No one deserves to be treated badly by anyone and no one has the right to treat you that way, not even your mother. You mentioned that you want to leave and need a place to stay. We would gladly help you find a shelter near you if you give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY. (We need to know what city and state you want us to look in). If you cannot call us, a helpful resource may be the Homeless Shelter Directory, their website is homelessshelterdirectory.org. You click on your state, then your city and a list of shelters in the area will come up. You can contact them directly. We have a few more resources that may be able to help you out. One of those resources is the National Child Abuse Hotline, their phone number is 1-800-422-4453 and their website is childhelp.org. They may be able to direct you to resources that will take the abuse you have endured seriously since you mentioned your therapist has not. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration may also be helpful, their phone number is 1-877-726-4727, their website is samhsa.gov. Another resource that may be helpful is the Alcohol and Drug Helpline, their phone number is 1-206-722-3700 and their website is adhl.org. Another awesome and inspiring resource is To Write Love on Her Arms, their website is twloha.com. They are a self-harm resource, they may be very helpful. We hope these resources are helpful.

Again, thank you for reaching out to NRS. We are glad you sought out help. If you would like to talk further about your situation, please do not hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or start a live chat with us online. We hope everything works out for you and we wish you the very best of luck. Remember, we are here to listen, we are here to help.

Warm Regards,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X