Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Just talk to them" isn't as easy as it sounds.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Just talk to them" isn't as easy as it sounds.

I'm 17 years old. I live with a family member who is not my legal guardian. I ran away from home about 7 months ago. My mom knows who I'm with & no legal actions have been taken. Where I live, the law states that since I'm 17, I can live where I choose, and that awful house was not my choice. Anyways, my new living situation isn't any better. Since the people I'm living with aren't my guardian, they can't legally make me stay. I want to leave & move out of state. The only reason I haven't left yet is because I don't know how to convince them that's its a good idea. I know I dont have to convince anyone, but I don't want to lose more family over this. Any suggestions on how I could talk to them & convince them I could leave? (BTW, I have talked to people at my old school, they would be able to help me get an apartment and graduate on time & get scholarships. I haven't been in school since I ran away, and I'm far behind. If I leave, I could catch up fast.)
    Thanks so much💖

re: "Just talk to them" isn't as easy as it sounds.

Hey there,

Thank you for being able to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a pretty tough situation, we want you to know that we are here to listen and to help in the best way that we can. From what you shared, it sounds like you are ready to leave home but do not know how to approach it without burning any bridges.

One of our many services here at NRS is the conference calling program. You share that you don’t want to lose the only family that you do have, perhaps we will be able to mediate a conversation between you and your care givers to help make the decision better. We are not here to choose sides but rather help both parties come to a common ground. If this is something that you might be interested in or would like to talk more about what other options we can go over, please feel free to give us a call and we would be more than happy to go through these with you.

We hope that we were able to let you know a little more about what we do and explain our services. We want you to know that our lines are open 24/7 and we can be reached at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We also have a live chat program that is available every day from 4:30 PM until 11:30 PM CST. We wish you the best of luck and hope to hear from you soon.

Stay strong,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X