Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I absolutely need to get out of my situation. Please help.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I absolutely need to get out of my situation. Please help.

My parents divorced when I was 7 and I stayed with my mom. After a few years my mom got into drugs and CPS got involved. I now live with my dad but after a few years my dad started abusing me mentally and physically. I've reported him many times but he completely denies abusing me. Recently I started talking to my mom's side of my family and they have offered a place for me to live. I'm constantly terrified of being home and I absolutely cannot live here anymore. I was planning on moving and dropping out of school when I turn 16 to live with my other family. Is it a good idea?

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We are here 24/7 to listen and to support.

We're sorry to hear about all that you have been facing and want you to know that you deserve to feel safe and happy in your home. It seems that you keep reporting but that nothing changes. You can reach out to Child Help at 1-800-422-4453 to ask about what more you can do about reporting and also about custody being transferred to another family member due to the abuse. They would be able to answer those types of questions for you. Do you have someone from the other family or other trusted adult that can help you call out to them? If not, we can also help you call out to them. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We are also hear to just listen and help you walk through other options you may have. Don't hesitate to give us a call.

Stay safe,

NRS
    Last edited by ccsmod1; 04-23-2018, 03:40 AM.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X