No announcement yet.

I don't want to live with my father anymore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was sexually assaulted by him when i was 6 bc he thought i was my mom ( i was sleeping in their bed bc i had a nightmare) i dont wanna live with him anymore, its awkward and gives me so much anxiety whenever i see him, we have cis involved and the police but my mom is only putting us in family counciling which isn’t working what do i do?

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

We are so sorry to hear that you have experienced sexual violence. You do not deserve to have this happen to you, and you deserve to be believed and supported. One really great resource for all survivors of sexual assault or abuse is RAINN (Rape Abuse Incest National Network). You can call them any time 24/7 at 1-800-656-4673, or go to www.rainn.org to use their online hotline. RAINN is the National Sexual Assault Hotline and has a lot of services, support and resources that you may find helpful. You can also call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you need to talk.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.

NRS

I’m 19. i live with my family. both parents. a father who is mentally, emotionally was physically abusive.

he’s bipolar without even being diagnosed. he’s rude, messed up, creates drama, VERY controlling. i don’t like him. no one in the family really does. he didn’t work for almost all my life. he stayed home, ruined the family, until everyone got married and left. he doesn’t make my mom happy, doesn’t make his kids happy. i can’t do it w him anymore. he ruins things, he makes me cry, he makes me sick. he has hit us before, but long time ago. today, i thought he was gonna do it again. he’s rude, when he’s mad everyone will know. he has a fake profile bc no one knows how he acts outside of the house. he opens his eyes big, gets angry and will start coming closer when he feels overpowered w anger. he won’t listen and isn’t eye opening to anyone/ our emotions or opinions.

he’s miserable and thinks he’s so christian. i used to forgive him but now today, made all that go away. he comes w cruel evil approaches. when he’s mad, cranky.. he will say whatever comes to mind. hurtful ? he doesn’t care. he makes everyone feel less, when all his life he ruined it for the rest of us. he’s bipolar, he can be happy, funny, but the bad overcomes the good. he’s not understanding, has no patience, and scares me to this day. i feel sick. and i wanna have a different life without him most times. it makes me angry, it makes me say/think things i don’t want to. I need God to step up. i’m scared.

my mom knows, she tried to make our life better. but she can’t change him either. or at least help. she tried but he doesn’t care much about her feelings either. she has to fake things, or say stuff to make him calm or idk. but i don’t blame her. wish she had a better life. wish he was normal.

Comment

• ccsmod16
      ccsmod16 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      Thanks for reaching out; we are glad that you did. It sounds like things are really, really rough at home and that it has been this way for a long time. With your dad possibly having Bi-polar disorder, and it being untreated, it's understandable that he is sometimes nice and sometimes scary and abusive.
      At 19, in most states you are legally allowed to leave, google "age of majority" and your state's name to find out. If you are an adult at 18, you can leave and no one can stop you or bring you back. You can go to a friend or family member if they'll have you.
      You can also reach out to us through live chat via this website or call us and we can see if there are any Transitional Living Programs (TLP's) in your area. Our hotline number is 1-800-786-2929 (1-800-RUNAWAY) and, like our chat, is available 24/7. We are here for you to listen and help. We truly hope to hear from you soon.
      Sincerely,
      NRS

hello there i am a girl that is 15 and tired of living with my father I feel like I cant fit there because I am different I just want to talk to somebody to make me feel loved

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to us and sharing a little bit about what's going on at home. It can be difficult to be in a place where you don't feel like you fit in. It's great you are reaching out for help. We are here to listen and talk with you any time. The best way we can help would be for you to call our 24 hour confidential hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929). You can also chat with us via the chat feature on our website: www.1800runaway.org. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you decide what you'd like to do.

Stay safe,
      NRS

I been living with my dad for 8 years or more. I wasn’t with my mom she had depression and suicide and my parents were not together. So I would live with my dad for years. A couple of years pass my dad got a girlfriend she was really nice but throughout years she was getting mean and always criticizing. My stepmom calling me bad words and my dad doesn’t care he agrees with her. I am 14 years and I got a brother that is 10 years old. I started seeing my mom now she really changed not the same person she is kind to me loves me more than my dad and my dad is abusive and he is bipolar. He hit me with his arms and hits my little brother with a belt. I don’t feel happy and I don’t know if there is way that I can live with my mom.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,
      Thanks for reaching out to NRS. It takes a lot of bravery to reach out for help when things like this are happening. You do not deserve to be abused - physically, verbally, at all. We’re so sorry to hear that this is happening. But we’re happy to hear that your mom is doing better.

If your dad has full custody, there is likely some type of legal process you’ll need to go through in order to have your mom awarded joint or full custody.The process of changing custody can vary from state to state, and we’d need a little more information in order to provide you with the most appropriate legal resources for your situation. We’d be able to assist you via phone (1800Runaway) or via live chat (1800Runaway.org) Additionally, you may consider visiting https://www.childhelp.org/ - can give information about the process of reporting abuse and some things that might happen if you were to report the abuse occurring at home.

We’re wishing you the best of luck and are glad you reached out to us today. We encourage you to reach out to us via phone (1800Runaway) or live chat (1800Runaway.org), both of which operate 24/7.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X