No announcement yet.

Move out

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Move out

    Hi i have a little brother thats 10 years old and he's not happy living with our mom because she doesnt care for him and she lets my stepdad hurt him but i moved out because he wanted to do the same thing with me im 17 now and my brother wants to live with my grandma and i.He doesn't like living with my mom and he prefers to live with us what can i do?

  • #2
    Hi there,

    Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. I’m sorry to hear about your situation with your brother. Abuse is never ok and your brother doesn’t deserve to be treated that way. If at any point you feel he is in immediate danger we encourage either you or him to call 911.

    You may want to consider reporting the abuse. Child Help (1-800-422-4453) is a great resource to explore your options and get information on how to transfer custody from your mom to your grandparent. Also, it may be a good idea to see if there is anyone at your brother’s school that may be able to provide some support such as a teacher or school counselor.

    If you would like to discuss any of this further, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929). We can also provide some legal aid resources to help you with transferring custody.

    We wish you the best of luck
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp