Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im lost and dont know what to do anymore!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im lost and dont know what to do anymore!!

Im 15 years old, i live with my mom. i just got back from my dads, i was with him for about 5 months. im on probation for missing to much school. i pretty much raised myself. my mom was always doing drugs and living the teenage life and my dad was never around until now but he comes and goes. i dont know what else to do... iv been hospitalized 3 times for suicide and i think i might need to go back honestly. all my mom does is ignores me and treats me like dirt. im sick of it, i do so much better by myself. they both have ruined me mental. i wanna be on my own. i need help! iv searched and searched for emancipation information and there isnt one for new york state. i need to know what to do and how to handle my parents.

Re: Im lost and dont know what to do anymore!!

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like things have been really tough and we are sorry to hear about this. We’re glad that you reached out.

It sounds like you have been thinking about leaving because of things going on at home. You shared that you have thought about suicide, and you have made attempts before and have been hospitalized for it. The National Suicide Hotline is a hotline that’s available 24/7 any time you are looking for someone to talk to about what’s going on or suicidal thoughts at (800) 273 TALK (8255).

It sounds like you are really reaching out for help. You can always call 911 if you are in need of immediate assistance, or think that being hospitalized is best. We offer conference calling here at NRS, if you call us we can call out to a legal guardian and try to conduct a conversation and make sure your concerns are being addressed.

You mentioned that your mom has been doing drugs, this has to be extremely hard to live with and around. Alanon is an organization for loved ones of addicts, and you can find meetings here: http://www.al-anon.org/

Please do call or chat with if you would like to explore more options. You mentioned emancipation, and we’d like to let you know we are not legal experts but we can try to direct you to helpful services in your area.

We look forward to your call or chat.

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X