Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to run away to my aunties

I'm 16 and my auntie has offered me a place in her home with her family if staying at home becomes too much for me. It has but I don't know what to do. I asked my parents if I can go live with her because there's a local school nerby that's really great but they refuse to let me go even after I've explained that it'll really help me in life. I've told them that I'm unhappy and not coping but they just reply with 'it's a bit of bad luck then'. I really need to go because I just can't cope being around them anymore. They won't let me go even with the knowledge that I'm unhappy and aren't getting a good enough education here.

I want to run away to my aunties

Thank you for being able to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. From what you shared, it sounds like you are going through a difficult time with your parents. We want you to know that we are here to listen and to help in the best way that we can.

It seems that your auntie is being very supportive during this time of need. It also seems that you are doing your best to get your current situation to improve and get your parents onboard by talking to them and sharing your needs. Would you be open to explore that option with your parents again? Here at NRS, we have a conference calling service where we would be able to serve as a mediator between you and your parents to try and help open up the lines of communication and see if there is a middle ground that the both of you could meet. Sometimes just being able to talk can be a way to open up the lines of communication and see what is the best way that you all can come to a compromise. If this is something that you might want to look into, please feel free to reach out to us at our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We can help talk to you about your options. We are looking forward to talking to you soon, and wish you the best of luck.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X