Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just need help

Hello I am 15 y/o female, I want to runway because I feel that me and my sister fight to much and really never can get along.Also, my mum gets really upset about that and keeps telling us that if we keep fighting she will leave us with my dad . I really love my mum and I dont want to be the reason she seprates with my sister and dad. I think I should just leave and I know where to go where Id be save.I would just leave a note saying everything and when I get to my safe spot i will tell someone to call her and let her know an safe . This is the only way I see that I wount fight and my mum wont leave. I am not sure if I am ready please help

Just need help

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline(NRS). Sounds like you are going through a tough situation, no one deserves to feel unhappy in their own home. We are here to help you as much as we can. One thing to think about is if you decide to runaway, and your parents file a runaway report and the police find you, they will send you back home. It is not illegal to runaway, it is a status offense. However, if someone allows you stay with them and the police find out, that person can be criminally charged for harboring a runaway youth. We are here to support you as much as we can with what is going on. One option that we have is conference calling, if you feel that you cannot communicate your feelings with your family we can be the mediators and help you talk to your mom and dad about what is going on. This can help you get your issues across to your family without any fighting or interruptions. It sounds like you are very worried about upsetting your mother, if you decide to leave the home and would like to communicate with your mother, you can call us and leave a message so that we can give your mother the message. Your mother will be able to respond to the message and you can call us back to receive it. There are many options that we can assist you with, such as counseling resources, homeless shelters, conference calling, legal aid, and other resources in your area. We encourage you to call us at 1800-786-2929, we are available to answer calls 24/7.
    Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X