X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21 Years, and sick of everything.

Hello,

My name is Valentina. I live in NY. I have been in a shelter last year because my mom told the police I was harassing her. The truth is-- I believe she is distorting the truth to the public. I am in an urgent crisis because I don't have the confidence to get a regular job, I am diagnosed with severe depression and P.T.S.D which my mom plainly denies.
    I don't have relatives in this country, and I'm desperate to get away from my abusive mother. I have a boyfriend, but even he does not empathize with me. He is older than me by 22 years, and I am desperately trying to escape everything that causes me to worry or suffer.
    Please tell me how I can get help.

21 Years, and sick of everything.

Hello Valentina,
    Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like you are going through a difficult time yet you are very brave to reach out as you battle with having severe depression. Good for you. It also sounds like you would like to escape from your mother’s abuse and have more support from your boyfriend.
    Is that right?

Sometimes having an escape from what bothers you can be some sort of a relief. Having a good support base is might also be very helpful.

It may have been difficult for you to make the choice to ask for help. It’s great that you are.

What can NRS do to be of service to you?

We have a national data base of information and referrals etc.

Once you can tell NRS what type of help you would like to find we can search our data base for those services.
    Would you be interested in locating services in your area?
    If you are please call our 24hr crisis line 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or visit www.1800Runaway.org (NRS live chat) to speak with someone about having your needs met.

There is also the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-8255 and Crisis Text Line http://www.crisistextline.org/
    They help with depression and suicidal thoughts with crisis counseling.
    Both have 24hr service availability.

In the mean time we hope that you continue to look for help and be strong.

Take Care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X