Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to get away from home!

I really wanna live with someone else! my parents expect me to be perfect and they are so strict and only let me see one of my friends :/ My dad constantly tells me that the things I wear are evil he's always forcing religion on me and I stay so stressed out. Im 15 and my parents haven't been ordering my books for schooling and Im in a really low grade for my age.. They never sent me to public school because dad didn't want me to go to public:/ And mom says I will not leave the house until Im graduated but how's that gonna happen if Im not being taught in schooling ? The family that wants me to live with them promised to get my grade up and set me to public and they are really nice and I Feel with them.
    what do I do? should they talk to social services or will it even work? I also have a sister and she's also not being taught.. please help

re: I want to get away from home!

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a really difficult and frustrating situation. That can be really scary and exhausting. It also sounds like you are doing a good job of trying to find ways to improve your situation, and it's great that you are so focused on wanting to learn. It's great that you have another family that is supportive and kind. Maybe they could help you talk to your parents. It is very unlikely that social services will remove you from your parents in order to place you with friends. However, it is certainly possible that these people could help you talk to your parents and improve your situation. Maybe there are also some relatives you could talk to that could discuss the situation with your parents, too. If you give us a call, we could talk to you about some ways to communicate with your parents, and we could also brainstorm some other options. We could also do a conference call where we could talk to you and your parents together. Sometimes and outside person can be helpful in those types of tough conversations. Please give us a call at 1800-RUNAWAY or chat with us through our website (www.1800runaway.org) from 4.30pm-11.30pm central time.

We look forward to your call or chat.

Take care,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X