No announcement yet.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help

    Im asking for a friend who needs help. He is currently a senior in highschool, he has a car( a barley running jeep) his parents are unsupportive controling people who want him to move out but dont support him. He cant get a place to live because he has no money. He need therapy. And if he moved away his parents wint pay for it.he wants to go to college. He just got out of a horrible, horrible relationship and is lacking in motivation to get his life under control

  • #2

    Thanks for reaching out to advocate for your friend. It sounds like he’s in a tough spot right now and he’s lucky to have a friend like you in his corner. Based on the situation, it sounds like your friend might want to look into transitional living programs (TLP), which are similar to shelters but are more long-term. TLPs are intended to help young adults get on their feet and “learn the ropes” of adulthood. Some TLPs also offer counseling and help with education. If your friend needs help locating a TLP in the area, please feel free to pass our number along: 1-800-786-2929. Another resource for locating affordable mental health services is the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration referral line at 1-877-726-4727.

    We hope this message was helpful and we welcome your feedback of our forum services at the following link: Thank you again for reaching out. Good luck to you and your friend!

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp