I am 12 and I REALLY need to run away!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am 12 and I REALLY need to run away!

I am living with both of my parents and my sister, we also have a dog. So basically my life is so **** up, my dad is a anger steam machine, he calls me way to much stuff to list, he rages about everything and he hits me with objects around the house. My mom is really kind at times, particularly in the morning but she gets influenced hard by my dad, so I get no love from my parents. I have developed depression when I was younger and my parents don't understand and say that I am saying that because they don't always buy me what I want, it's not that. It's not about the discipline(even though they exaggerate with their punishments), I don't know how to explain it that well, but I have a problem and they don't understand and just make my life worse. I have been planning to run away for about 3 weeks now and I think I am ready, I have been secretly taking martial arts with my cousin and I am very skilled, I will be taking my dog with me so safety really won't be an issue. I also have several thousands at my disposal due to a past business with my uncle and good investing, so money won't really be an issue either. I have several family members (if I really need to) that aren't really that close but are trust worthy. This sh*t won't be easy but I can handle it, I just want a pro's opinion.
    Last edited by ccsmod7; 03-23-2018, 03:31 PM.

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out for help. It sounds like you are dealing with a lot of stress right now. Being around an angry parent can be really difficult, and it seems like your dad is taking out his anger on you. We want you to know that you do not deserve this, and, given what you’ve told us, it makes perfect sense that you are wanting to run away. The fact that he is hitting you with objects makes this worse and may qualify as child abuse.

It also sounds like your parents don’t understand you. This can be extremely frustrating and hurtful. It seems like no matter what you tell them, they don’t believe or validate the sadness and pain you are feeling, which can make your pain even worse!

You seem to feel that you are prepared to runaway, with your dog, money, and skills in martial arts to help you. You’ve clearly thought a lot about how you will survive if you do decide to run away! Here are some other things to maybe think about: Have you thought about where you will live? Living outside can really tough. Even though you sound really strong, have you thought about what would happened if did encounter someone stronger than you? Also, if you runaway, are you planning to still attend school?

Something else to consider is that if you do runaway, and the police pick you up, they will likely return you to your parents. Also, if you do end up staying with someone without your parents’ permission, that person can be charged with “harboring a runaway”, which is a legal offense.
    These are just some things to think about. If you’d like to talk more about this over the phone, we would be happy to listen and to help in any way we can. You can call us on our 24/7, toll-free number: 1-800-786-2929.

Finally, because your father is hitting you with objects, it might mean that you can report your father to the Department of Child and Family Services. If you do, they will open an investigation to see if your father is physically abusing you. We can talk to you about this over the phone. The National Child Abuse Hotline (1-800-422-4453; childhelp.org) can help as well.

Again, thank you for reaching out and please know that we are available to listen to you at any time.

We hope this response was helpful! We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey.

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X