Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to run away with my boyfriend

Hi im 16 and my boyfriend and I have been together for 3 and a half years. We are thinking about running away as a last resort. You see currently we've started...having intercourse and his mom started making us see each other less and less. His father and mother have been through a divorce, and ever since his dad has become a total jerk. Even thinking about asking to see each other around him is a no go. So we would see each other every other weekend and everything was great and now his mom recently made us stop. It's no big deal, however she said we needed to take a break from each other cause we "take our relationship to seriously" I love him and I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with him we even started planning our wedding but of course we will still wait a while before hand...but then she tried to make us break up...we are thinking about waiting for running away as a last resort and I'm not sure what to do I live near Reno and we are thinking of running away there for a while and getting jobs but is that a good idea? My parents are not bad people in fact they love our relationship they supported us all the way but he can't come here or else my parents will tell his mom we don't have a lot of time before we make a decision I need help with a solid plan

I want tp run away with my boyfriend

Hello,
    Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.
    It sounds like you and your boyfriend have quite an issue with his parents about your relationship.
    That’s tough. Coming up with a plan is a very good idea. We can listen to what ideas you may have in mind and then help with exploring some possible options. How does that sound?

We invite you to call our 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or visit www.1800Runaway.org (NRS Live Chat) to discuss your situation in depth.

We understand the seriousness of your situation. You sound like you are taking a very mature step in trying to cope with the situation by reaching out for help. Good job.

We hope to hear from you soon and wish you the best of luck.
    Take Care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

i wanted to run away

Hi am 15 today september 8 my name is ashna. i went to **** high school. (edited for confidentiality.) I wanted to run away to my friend home because my mom keep embarrassing me down town montego Bay..... I get to understand that this is one of the main reason y most child runs away from home.... I have just make up my mine not to go to my friend house oh well I guest I gatta stay on the road tho so bye guys

Comment

Re: i wanted to run away

Hello and thanks for sharing a bit about yourself on our forum. It sounds like you’re seriously considering running away from your home in Montego Bay due to how your mom treats you. You also mentioned going to your friend’s house and then at the end said you changed your mind.

To best help you, we’d appreciate if you let us know if you've reached out to us another way (whether it’s by email or another forum thread.) You’re also welcome to contact us directly through Live Chat if you’d like to discuss further options. Best of luck!
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

Need advice!

Im 16 years old my boyfriend is 15 and we have been dating a very long time now. And well we started talking about becoming sexually active but our parents found out and dont like us no more. My mom had told me that i was a slut and thats all i ever am. His mom told him that if i get pregnant she was going to kill him. We are tired of all the drama we love each other so much! We have been talking about running away and we have the plan and everything! I have a place a go a couple of hours from where we live. I plan on getting a job to keep us stable. We are gonna die our hair and all. But i need the advice ive been double thinking this plan and wonder of it is the right thing(bc ive done this 3 times once before) please give me the advice! Need it soon! Not long before we make the decision.

Comment

RE: Need advice!

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It sounds painful to hear those words from a parent, and we imagine it may have left you feeling alone and unsupported. You do not deserve to be called those names by your family. It is understandable that you feel fed up with the stress of everything, however, we are concerned for your safety if you did decide to leave home. Leaving home is a big decision, and it is often a challenge to find stable living and income as well as balance school and other responsibilities at the ages of 15 and 16. You also mentioned you have left three times before. It seems that there may have been other issues going on that made you feel the need to leave. While we cannot tell you specific advice or what to do, we can provide support during this time. It is often helpful to have a space to share your thoughts and feelings with someone that will not judge you or tell you what to do. We are that support. If you would like to talk more about how everything has been affecting you as well as explore some safe options, please call our crisis line at 1-800-786-2929 or chat with us through our website www.1800runaway.org.

We wish you well and look forward to your call or chat.

Be safe and take care,

NRS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
            x
            x
            Working...
            X