Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom's new boyfriend

Hello everyone my name is Ash. I need a little bit of advice because I don't know what to do anymore. My mom is a very busy person she works and then goes to college. I am writing this post at 1 am.

I've never really been the one to complain but ever since my mom has met this guy he all she ever thinks about. Now sounds normal when you're in a relationship. Here are my problems with it. She complain's about working to much yet can spend every second of everyday with him. She complais about not working enough yet will take time out of her day to do stupid stuff for him. She complain's about money yet buys him a bunch of exspensive stuff, she never does that for us. She complain's about never seeing my older brother, only because every time he comes over she leave. That's only some issues. I have insomnia whenever my mom leaves and I have insomnia whenever she forces us to stay here. My mom just left me and myou sister at 12:55 am tonight now this is not uncommon as she does this almost every night. What upsets me is that she should just tell us she's going instead of leaving in the middle of the night. I have really bad Anxiety and depression. When she leaves I feel like im not important and she leaves because she knows it makes me mad. I have anxiety attacks everytime she leaves. I'm on my last straw before moving to my dad's for good.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We are here 24/7 to listen and to support.

We are sorry to hear about all that has been going on for so long. We want you to know that you deserve to feel happy in your home and that your feelings are valid. It can be difficult to have a conversation with your mom if you're afraid of how she might react. Sometimes it can be helpful to have another adult around when you’re trying to talk to your mom so that they can stand up for you and try to keep the conversation calm and fair. That person could be a guidance counselor, other family member, or any other adult you trust. Here at NRS, we also offer a conference call service and can help you have that conversation with your mom. Our number is 1-800-786-2929. Don't hesitate to reach out to us if that is something you think you would be interested in.

It sounds like you have difficulty when she leaves. Do you have friends or other family members to turn to when you start to feel depressed or panicked? If not, or if just not late at night, you can also reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 if you are ever having a panic attack and need someone to talk to. There are people that want to help.

Stay safe,

NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X