No announcement yet.

I'm 12 and I want to run away

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 12 and I want to run away

Ever since my 4th grade year, my parents would call me an a****** or a b**** whenever I wouldn't turn in my schoolwork

I've been trying to give them a reasonable explanation every time I would miss something but they just didn't want to hear it

I suffer from anxiety and depression and I am done with my parents and I just want to live free from yelling or screaming

I don't want to go through this anymore

Please Help!

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting us through our online forum. It sounds like a really stressful situation at home. No one deserves to be called those names by their parents. Home is a place where you should feel safe and comfortable. It’s understandable that you would want to leave that environment.

Any type of abuse is not okay and negatively effects mental health. No one deserves that and we can’t imagine how being abused has effected your anxiety and depression. Have you ever considered filing an abuse report? That’s an option we can discuss with you in more detail if you decide to call or chat with us. Talking with staff or adults at your school could be a good idea as well, more support is never a bad thing.

There’s a lot to think about when leaving home. Do you have anyone who would be willing to let you stay with them? How do you think your parents would react to you leaving? As a minor, some things to keep in mind are that your parents could file a runaway report with the police. In this case, if you are picked up by the police, they could return you home. If you do decide that leaving home is your best option, we are always here to help find you a runaway shelter in your area. your safety is really important to us and we’re here to find you a safe place to go.

We do hope that you reach out to us through phone or chat to discuss your situation in more detail. Our goal is to help you find ways to stay safe. We would be happy to look up resources in your area, talk with you about your options, or just listen to what you’re going through.

Stay strong,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NRSOnlineServicesSurvey

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X