Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m tired of everything

I’m 13 and I’ve been thinking about running away for a while. I suffer with depression and severe anxiety, and I always feel like my parents are yelling at me. I try to do something right and they always find the wrong in the things that I do. Not to mention my brother takes videos of me and send them to his friends and they all make fun of me and call me horrible names. School is also stressful with schoolwork and several people there hate me, and I just feel all alone. I’ve been doing research and it’s winter and cold and I don’t have any money or supplies but I really just want to run away so I don’t have to deal with it all anymore.

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time right now. We are sorry to hear that your parents and brother are treating you that way, you don’t deserve it.

You mentioned that you suffer from depression and anxiety. If you’re not in treatment for those issues, have you considered reaching out for some help? One resources that may be good for you to look into is SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration). You can reach them at 1-877-726-4727 or look for local resources at www.findtreatment.samhsa.gov. They might be able to refer you to services in your area to help you with your depression and anxiety.

You also talked about how you are having a hard time with your parents and brother treating you poorly. Are there any adults in your life that you trust that you can talk to about this – relatives, teachers, coaches, clergy? Sometimes talking to a trusted adult that knows your situation can be helpful. They can help you brainstorm ways to talk to your parents about how they are making you feel, or even be present for the conversation to help facilitate it.

Or if you’d like to talk about these issues confidentially, feel free to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are here 24/7 to talk to you about anything that is affecting you.

Thank you again for reaching out. It takes courage to ask for help and you are very brave for doing so.

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X