Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why should I stay

im so done with being here in all honesty. My dad is really nice but he doesn’t live with me , he wouldn’t let me move in with him either. But I can’t stay here with my mom and adopted dad and they’re kids. I don’t belong here. My family makes good money but I just don’t feel supported anymore. I’m on two sports for high school and I was on varsity for one and in the middle of tryouts for another now. I’m in all honors and in 10th grade classes as a freshmen. my mom doesn’t even recognize how much I try. She works from 7-5 most days and that’s fine because we never really see each other during the week. But other than that we always argue on the weekends. Ashe takes down my self esteem so much and I just physically can’t do it anymore. I cut and I was clean until my world came crumbling down. I’m having trouble in school for a huge group hates me and I just can’t do it. I feel hated by all and I just can’t stay here. I want to get emancipated but my mom would laugh at me I feel like. I can’t be here anymore I need to leave.

Hi there, thanks for posting today! It sounds like home is a really tough place to be right now. We are here to listen and help.
    You mentioned not being able to stay with your mom and adopted dad but also not being able to go stay with your dad. That must be a really hard place to be since you feel so close with your dad. Maybe having someone help you talk to your parents could help: a family member, neighbor, family friend, school counselor. We also offer conference calling so we can call out to your parent(s) who has custody of you and help you have a productive conversation where we serve as a neutral advocate to make sure your parents hear your side of things. If you want to do this or learn more about it, call us anytime at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).
    It sounds like not being able to live with your dad and having your mom gone so much and constantly arguing with her on the weekends is really taking a toll on your mental health. You mentioned cutting as a way to cope. That makes a lot of sense! A lot of people use self-harm as a way to cope. When things get overwhelming, sometimes our brains can’t think of any other way to get through. To Write Love on Her Arms (twloha.org) is a great resource for self-harm. They have blog posts from other people who self-harm, links to national and local resources.
    You may also consider speaking to your school counselor or a counselor or therapist in the community about the stress you feel at home and about the group of people at school who don't seem to like you. Here is also a link for advice when being bullied which it sounds like may be happening: https://pacerkidsagainstbullying.org...-are-a-target/. Speaking to someone often brings up options previously not thought of. We can help you find resources in your local area if you give us a call or live chat with us on our website when it is open. Our number is 24/7 1-800-RUNAWAY and our chat is open daily, currently 4:30-11:30pm Central Time.
    It sounds like you are incredibly strong and really trying to find what is best for you right now. With so much going on at home, that has to be a lot of pressure and stress on you. You are not alone. We are here to listen and support you. Please reach out anytime: 1-800-786-2929. Best of luck! Remember, you are brave for asking for help!
    Last edited by ccsmod16; 03-02-2018, 01:09 PM.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X