Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i hate my life

my mom is drug attic and my dad is not around i dont like him and hes a acholic i could stay with him but he screams at me and hes horrible rude and he controls me my mom hits me and cusses at me and is rude she does drugs around me and doesny care she doesnt have a job she sells drugs and just uses the money for drugs she wont buy me stuff or anyhing
    my family sucks and my dads side just want me to get good
    grades they dont care about my feelings just grades so i have no one i have clinical depression and im truant in school and i barely eat my mom doesnt care about me tells me to killmyself
    i might not today or tomorrow but i will if i keep going throught this i am looking for a family in the usa to adopt me i am 14 please help i want go run away

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to us today. It sounds like you're going through an incredibly difficult time, and we here to help support you as best as we can.

It sounds like there could be some abuse going on at home, since you mentioned that your mom hits you, exposes you to drugs, and says emotionally harmful things to you. We want you to know that you do not deserve to be treated like this. You have the option of filing an abuse report. If you'd like to do so, it helps your case to have evidence of the abuse going on. Once the report is filed, a case worker will be assigned to you and will investigate your situation at home to determine how best to help you. Amongg other things, it could involve counseling with your family, placing you with other family members, or putting you into foster care. If you have more questions about the process or would like assistance filing a report, you can give us a call anytime at 1-800-786-2929. We are 24/7 and toll-free. Another good resource is Child Help, a national child abuse hotline. Their website is childhelp.org and their number is 1-800-422-4453. They are a good resource for answering any questions you have about what constitutes abuse and what the reporting process is like.

We can also help you look for shelters in your area. There are emergency shelters, which would be a good backup place to go if things get dangerous at home and you need somewhere to go right away. There are also longer-term shelters and transitional living programs that we can help look up for you. If you'd like us to do so, just give us a call anytime at 1-800-422-4453.

You also mentioned that you are dealing with depression and thoughts of suicide. It could be helpful for you to see a therapist or counselor, especially given the situation you are living with at home. A good place to start might be your school counselor. If you give us a call, we can also look into other mental health resources in your area. If you ever just need someone to talk to, you can call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. You can also always talk to us, of course.

If you'd like assistance talking with your dad's side about grades and their expectations of you, we do offer a conference call service that could help. The way it works is you and your family member would call us, and someone over here would mediate a conversation between you guys. Sometimes it can help to have a neutral third party to keep the conversation productive.

We wish you the best of luck and we hope this response was helpful. We encourage you to give your honest feedback of our services at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think .
    Please know that you can give us a call anytime if you'd like help looking for resources or just need someone to talk things out with. If you feel like you are in danger at home, you can also call 911 anytime. You and your life matter, despite anything your parents might say.

Best of luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X