please help i got 99 problems but a healthy loving sane household aint one oof

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help i got 99 problems but a healthy loving sane household aint one oof

So i've ran like 3 times now each time my mom partook in unlawful corporal punishment. She's pregnant and she thinks i'm a danger to her because i block her from hitting me, I've hit her back once because she was choking me with my hoodie and i couldn't breathe. I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety as a result of issues with her 2 years ago and i was engaging in self harm. I think i've been emotionally/mentally abused and i wouldn't say she's physically abusive because she doesn't use physical punishment on a regular basis but when she does it is beyond the scope of what is appropriate for the situation, ie unlawful corporal punishment. The first time i ran she had socked me in the face in front of my best-friend to the point where I fell over, her excuse: I was talking. She took me to the police station yesterday to try to put me in juvy for being "incouragable" and the police were like nah she's good she's not going to juvy". She doesnt want me living with het because "i''m a threat" and I don't want to live there because she's mentally abusive and it's ********ed me up once and i'm not gonna let it happen again But my dad isnt an option my family isn't an option until next year and idk what to do so i talked to a school counselor today and he's like idfk i've never dealt with a situation like this cause laws regarding emotional/mental abuse are really vague and no one knows wtf to do and idfk man i just need some ********ing help cause no one seems to be able to help me. Oh and my mom got married like a month ago ive been living with her and her now husband illegally cause according to the custody agreement with her and my dad hes supposed to know where i live and i'm not supposed to live in a home where another man lives full time unless the agreement is amended oh and im pretty sure my mom has borderline personality disorder and she's a narcissist cause like she took me to a psychiatrist cause she thought something was wrong with me and the doctor was like..... nah shes good but you might benefit from personal therapy or family counseling (to my mom) and like idfk know cause shes like "i dont want you" "i cant believe i raised you to turn out like this" "what did i do wrong" "i wish i could just drop you off ad forget about you" "i despise you" "i cant believe you're my daughter" "you're made of rot" "you're a monster, you disgust me" "you're mentally ill" "you have issues" and a whole lotta other ******** that ********s with my head and idfk i know running away is illegal or whatever and i shouldn't do it. That's not why I'm here. I'm here cause no where else has a place to talk about this and even here isn't the right place becasue there's no place to talk about how to get help for children who have been/ are being emotionally/mentally abused by a parent. And i've talked to like 2 mandated reporters about my situation and no ones done anything even though like all the signs are ther, my grades are failing and i have to leave class cause ill start crying out of nowhere if i think about my situation and it just really ********ing sucks and idk what to do so im here and ive read California penal code PEN section 11164 about child abuse and my situation falls under child abuse but idfk what to do cause ive heard bad ******** about the foster care system but like is there a way i could legally stay with a friend for the rest of the school year without them being in fear of getting in trouble for "harboring a run away" like could they get partial temporary custody over me for the rest of the school year or something cause its not safe for me to be at home with my mom. Long story short i have a really intricately ********ed up situation and idk how much longer i can blow it off with sarcasm and pretend its all a jolly ol' good time at home when it's a mad house.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We're so sorry to hear about all that you have been facing for such a long time. We're also sorry to hear that you feel that you have been let down by counselors and other adults that you hoped would help. We understand that it takes a great deal of courage to seek help. You mentioned experiencing emotional abuse which may be reportable against your mom. Please keep in mind you by no means deserve any type of abuse, emotional or otherwise. Unfortunately, emotional abuse is often harder to provide evidence for compared to physical abuse which is often what CPS relies on when conducting an abuse investigation. That said, we can’t be 100% sure what the outcome will be if your local CPS decides to open a case based on what you share. Sometimes CPS decides to remove minors from the home and other times they offer services such as family counseling or mediation instead. The only way to know the outcome might be to reach out to them directly and if you’re ready to do that we are here to help you through that process. Reaching out to Child Help USA at (1-800-422-4453) or www.childhelp.org may help to get a better understanding of what may happen before and after a report is made. The things you mentioned also sound like they could be reported as physical abuse. Child Help could help walk you through what could constitute as what and they could also talk to you about your rights as a minor and possibly having custody transferred to someone else. If you want help calling out to them or want to ask more questions before you do so, don't hesitate to reach out to us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We are here 24/7 to listen and to support.

You deserve to feel safe and cared for at home. Child Help will help you understand your rights as a minor in your situation. And we are here to listen or connect you to other support hotlines if you need them.

Stay safe,

NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X