Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont know what to do

Hi, Im 15, and will be 16 in in less than a month. My dad is a very verbally and emotionally abusive person. He calls me names and tells me that Im not going anywhere in life. He has also hot me, choked me and told me that he was going to kill me. Ive went to DSS but they closed the case because they didnt see that I was in any "Immediate danger". I just dont know what to do anymore. He waited so long to actually take me to go get my permit so it will be even longer before I get my license. My mom left me when I was 4 and I havent heard from her since. I used to live with my grandparents but my grandpa has cancer and isnt doing very good so I cant go live with them. I just dont know what to do anymore. Please please please help.

Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes a great deal of courage to seek help. We are very sorry to hear that your dad is emotionally and physically abuisve towards you. Abuse is never okay, and you don't deserve to be treated that way. If you ever feel as though you are in immediate danger, we encourage you to contact the police. It is unfortunate that the case with DSS was closed, however you still have the right to report the abuse. You could try talking to someone that you trust such as a teacher or school counselor, they are mandated reporters. Child Help (1-800-422-4453) is a great resource for reporting child abuse and getting information on how to transfer custody. Another option that you may want to consider is asking other family members or close friends if they would allow you to stay with them. You could look into emancipation laws for your state as well. Although you are going through a tough time right now, you are not alone. We are always here to listen and help in the best way that we can. Please don't hesitate to contact us via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat. Please be safe.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X