No announcement yet.

I'm stuckI and I don't know what to do

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm stuckI and I don't know what to do

    So things at home are rough. Really rough. I did some stupid stuff way back when i was fourteen after I had an unconsensual sexual experience, I started doing drugs until my mom finally found out, she lost a lot of trust in me back then I guess, and I understand why. But life at home is awful, my mom doesnt trust me with anything, and neither does my.step dad. I have no friends to turn too and both my nigf brother and my dad are drug dealers and doers and I hate being associated with them so I don't talk to them, I have a minimum wage job at a mcdonalds here in town and I know it wouldn't be enough to live off of, but I can't be home anymore. I'm constantly her babysitter every single day i dont work and my mother is never around to talk to, then if i try to talk to my step dad I'm being too close and she accuses me of sleeping with him, or replacing her. I'm always screwed no matter what i do, and I hate being home. It's to the point now that im afraid to talk to my mom about work, school, boys, anything, so topics about like contraceptives are completely impossible. I hate not being able to talk to my parents or having anybody and I really really wanna run away, what can I legally do?

  • #2
    Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand that it takes a great deal of courage to seek help, we appreciate you sharing what you have been going through. We are very sorry to hear about the sexual experience that you endured when you were 14. You didn't deserve that, and you are not alone. If you would like to talk about it, RAINN (1-800-656-4673) is a great resource for survivors of rape and abuse. The way your mother and step dad is very unfortunate. We are not legal experts, but from what we know if you are under 18, you could try asking your mom if she would allow you to stay with another family member or close friend. You mentioned that you are working, you could look into emancipation laws for your state. We hope that this information helps. If you have any other questions or questions or just need to talk, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp