No announcement yet.

hating my step dad and my mom treating me differently

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hating my step dad and my mom treating me differently

so my dad passed away 5 years ago and my mom wanted to date, which i was fine with. i loved helping my mom with her boyfriends until she actually found the one. i was so happy for her and i met the guy and he was pretty nice. but it all went too fast. a few months he was already living with us and his 3 kids and i already had my mom, my sister, and my brother and i, so i was kinda protective. when the kids and my step dad settled in, it was awkward but as soon as i started to get to know my step dad i began not liking him. he treats me like i’m HIS kidw when he isn’t! my mom is my parent, don’t boss me around. he also gets to much into stuff. i just wish i had my old life back without my stepdad and his kids. i loved that life even though i didn’t have my dad. i talked to my friends about my step dad and they were just like tell your mom how you feel about your stepdad, but i was afraid to because she was happy with him. but i had enough so i told her one day. she did not look happy like she was upset at me for sharing my feelings. i even told her i didn’t want to tell her because i knew it would hurt her feelings. but after she seemed okay. then the next morning she treated me like **** and treating everyone else kindly. i didn’t want to believe that it was just me she acted pissed at but it did seem like it. she keeps on acting this way and i don’t know what to do!? should i talk to her about how she has been treating me? should i ignore it and just act like i don’t realize she is being mean? please help i just don’t want anymore stress on me

Hey,
    Thanks for writing in! It sounds like you’re going through a pretty difficult time and it’s understandable that you would be stressed. It was really brave of you to talk to your mom about how you were feeling and it’s unfortunate that it didn’t work out how you had hoped. We are a non-directive organization, meaning we can’t give advice, but it might not hurt to talk to your mom again. It’s also an option to ignore the meanness, but there’s the possibility that ignoring the problem will build resentment in the both of you. Sometimes it can be helpful to have another adult around to keep the conversation productive. You might consider asking a therapist or another family member to help you talk to your mom again. Here at NRS, we’re also able to facilitate a conversation as well.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

My stepfather is mean to my mom not in bad way he tells her she needs to get out of bed and walk around her legs hurt her all the time and he says you don't remember things she is 65 years old he has been so stupid

Comment

• ccsmod7
        ccsmod7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, that sounds tough, thanks for reaching out to us.

It’s great that you’re trying to be supportive of your mom in this situation and totally understandable that you would be feeling upset about this. You could try talking to him about how it affects you when you hear these kinds of comments, because he may not realize how it’s affecting you. If you feel like you’ve already done this and it doesn’t help, you could definitely try reaching out to us at 1-800-Runaway, and we can work through some of your options with you. You can also call just to talk if you’re feeling overwhelmed by all of this and just need to talk about it, we’re here to listen.

I think my mom is acting differently she is starting to turn into him and I do not like it he could be nice sometimes then next thing you know he gets very mean
      Last edited by ccsmod4; 01-30-2019, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Reply: I think my mom is acting diffrently

Hello,
        Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We would like to be of assistance to you if we can. It is times like these that would be nice to have a listening ear. It is also important that you remember to exercise self- care. You did well by reaching out to NRS. Good for you.
        We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat so that we might learn a little more about your situation and how we might assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
        NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

So my parents broke up and my mom wanted to have a father figure for me but remember I’m only 12 so when she found this guy he was pretty nice the first days where really good until I met his step daughter she was a nightmare anyways he moved into MY home but my step sister did not, she is so mean to when my stepdad is around I ask her for water and as soon as my stepdad in she starts yelling at me to get to my room and don’t talk to her then we will be having a normal conversation and she is a happy mood and when my stepdad walks right into the room she starts screaming at me to go to my room. And I hate it when my stepdad tells me I need to get a job and get out of the house and get off your video games. FIRST OF ALL YOUR THE ONE IN MY HOUSE AND YOUR COMPLAINING ABOUT ME NOT HAVING A JOB IM ONLY 12 YEARS OLD. I couldn’t stop the words from coming out of my mouth I was so angry and so upset with him and his step daughter I wish my mom would find a new bf or maybe even be single I can’t take this anymore.
          Last edited by ccsmod4; 04-12-2019, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Reply: So my parents broke up

Hello,
            Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We would like to be of assistance to you if we can.
            It sounds like it has been pretty tough trying to adjust to the new situation with your mom and dad separating, a her new boyfriend and his daughter.
            We understand that this is a lot to take in.
            It is times like these that would be nice to have a listening ear.
            To try and bring some peace to the situation you might consider talking with your mom about the changes and how they are affecting you.

It is also important that you remember to exercise self- care. You did a good job by reaching out to NRS. Good for you.
            We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat so that we might learn a little more about your situation and how we might assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
            NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x
            Working...
            X